Ipswich Away moved for Sky TV

Caerphilly Ram

15 hours ago, Monty said:

One possible option is to park and get the train at stowmarket just off the a14 - regular service into Ipswich and quickly back on the a14 post match. No issues with parking at stowmarket station on my previous trips to Ipswich 

Yes I live in Stowmarket and have been taking my son to watch Ipswich a few times in the last year. I always buy a train ticket to get to Portman Road but have never had my ticket checked on match day. 

I've been talking to my 8 year old son recently about where we are going to sit for this fixture with him having split loyalties. The change of day/time to a Friday evening has decided it. He's going to Bed and I'm sitting in the away end. ?. I haven't told him that yet though. ??

48 minutes ago, Franks Tanked said:

Yes I live in Stowmarket and have been taking my son to watch Ipswich a few times in the last year. I always buy a train ticket to get to Portman Road but have never had my ticket checked on match day. 

I've been talking to my 8 year old son recently about where we are going to sit for this fixture with him having split loyalties. The change of day/time to a Friday evening has decided it. He's going to Bed and I'm sitting in the away end. ?. I haven't told him that yet though. ??

That seems a bit harsh - no school on Saturdays! 

17 hours ago, Monty said:

One possible option is to park and get the train at stowmarket just off the a14 - regular service into Ipswich and quickly back on the a14 post match. No issues with parking at stowmarket station on my previous trips to Ipswich 

Good call Monty.
We're staying on the coast at Dunwich for a few days and was going to travel by train from Darsham, would have been fine for a 3pm Saturday, but last train in evening is 22:15 which leaves little room for error and we NEVER LEAVE the game EARLY ?

So the later trains that run on the Norwich line are perfect - thanks again for the info.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

I’m just wondering how much Sky are going to have to bung the EFL to get our last match v Sheff. Wed  moved to a Friday night?

Over the season I’d expect Sheffield Wednesday to have achieved promotion by then based on what we have seen so far and if we can start hitting the back of the net who knows maybe us as well so it’s a real shame that game is at the end of the season.

12 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Give it a rest B4. You don’t go if your Dad doesn’t. Lots of fans have issues that restrict their attendance.

I never meant way it sounds mate

What I meant was do some extra jobs on shifts mate and maybe they might let have some time off to go.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I never meant way it sounds mate

What I meant was do some extra jobs on shifts mate and maybe they might let have some time off to go.

My lads on shift work at the local coop.  You can’t just work extra to get time off, people don’t want to swap shifts at the best of times.

It’s not as easy as you think it is mate.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

My lads on shift work at the local coop.  You can’t just work extra to get time off, people don’t want to swap shifts at the best of times.

It’s not as easy as you think it is mate.

It is at my place if I give them enough notice they often let me do another day instead.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

It is at my place if I give them enough notice they often let me do another day instead.

Great, not every employer will do this, especially as they struggle to get staff. But as long as yours does that’s fine for you.

Please don’t assume it’s the same everywhere mate because it’s not.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Companies now are into flexible working but that's to incorporate things like child care commitments.

Can't see many firms agreeing to flexible working when the justification is going to a football match when the broadcaster has changed the fixture at short notice 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Companies now are into flexible working but that's to incorporate things like child care commitments.

Can't see many firms agreeing to flexible working when the justification is going to a football match when the broadcaster has changed the fixture at short notice 

Some retail staff have their little weekend rota routines that they won’t budge from if you ask to swap shifts. Then wonder why they get told no when they want to swap shifts.  I’m glad I work for mesen, I can swap my work about to go home and away.

I just can’t be arsed to go away these days, that’s the internet for you.  Let the young uns have there turn.

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Some retail staff have their little weekend rota routines that they won’t budge from if you ask to swap shifts. Then wonder why they get told no when they want to swap shifts.  I’m glad I work for mesen, I can swap my work about to go home and away.

I just can’t be arsed to go away these days, that’s the internet for you.  Let the young uns have there turn.

That’s very ageist, what about me and Angie ?‍??