Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

24 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Thank you for your thoughts your reverence. Your well intentioned advice, merely confirm my strongly held beliefs in Atheism. Sleep well Vicar but please be assured that on matters of the Church, we are not brothers. Derby County maybe ?.

In the words of the blessed Ron Sexsmith, 'God loves everyone, from the killer in his cell to the Atheist as well'.

Although, even he draws the line at Billy Davies and Mel Morris.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

In the words of the blessed Ron Sexsmith, 'God loves everyone, from the killer in his cell to the Atheist as well'.

Although, even he draws the line at Billy Davies and Mel Morris.

My God was Brian Clough. He existed and he delivered miracles, beginning in Derby. We saw them. But if there was ever another God, I have seen no evidence of the miracles he delivered. Can you please enlighten me Vicar?

18 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

My God was Brian Clough. He existed and he delivered miracles, beginning in Derby. We saw them. But if there was ever another God, I have seen no evidence of the miracles he delivered. Can you please enlighten me Vicar?

God was Dave Mackay. 

Played in one title winning team, managed another.

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

God was Dave Mackay. 

Played in one title winning team, managed another.

Loved Dave Mackay. I spent a couple of ours with him in the Baseball Bar & Grill in 2007 when Les Green took me to meet him. I spent a couple of hours with Brian Clough three months before he died in 2004, having played cricket with him when he managed Derby. Clough won another League title and two back-to-back European Cups at the wrong club. In  my scale of things Vicar, if you want to create a quasi-biblical hierarchy, Clough was God and Dave will just have to settle for being Jesus. I don't think Dave Mackay would quibble with that. He acknowledged the geniality of Clough the manager. Dave Mackay achieved much more as a player but Clough's goalscoring record, albeit in Division Two, was legendary. Clough was a genius manager and Dave Mackay was fortunate to inherit his team in the end.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Just please don’t just us all by his standards.

Tamworth, just please explain by what is wrong with my standards. You turn like a worm from post to post if you would care to look back. I'm not sure that you have any standards at all. You seem to just suck up to whoever is the flavour of your month and this month it's a SWFC fan whose Snickers you're trying to get into. Go and grow a pair, Walkley might enjoy that. Reading what you say against many posters on here, I question your positivity as a Derby fan, you seem to love trying to stir the pot.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

36 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Tamworth, just please explain by what is wrong with my standards. You turn like a worm from post to post if you would care to look back. I'm not sure that you have any standards at all. You seem to just suck up to whoever is the flavour of your month and this month it's a SWFC fan whose Snickers you're trying to get into. Go and grow a pair, Walkley might enjoy that. Reading what you say against many posters on here, I question your positivity as a Derby fan, you seem to love trying to stir the pot.

Lovely bit of homophobia there, you're a class act

6 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Well to start with, I don’t think I’ve ever described anyone as a loser or saddo in response to a fairly innocuous post. Also, what has “growing a pair” got to do with anything?

I have certainly had my disagreements with other posters over the years and both I and the respondent have no doubt said things that we later regretted but not at the level you seem to have resorted in this little spat.

I regularly scan other teams forums and, on occasions will post a friendly comment (life really is too short). Admittedly I only do this is shortly before or after we play their team or something of note has happened (e.g. a club going through the same as we’ve been through) but, if a fan of another club wants to post non offensive posts on our forum (if they were offensive I’m sure they’d soon get banned) I’m happy to welcome them. If I’m not interested in their comment then I will just ignore it.

Finally, with regard to you questioning my “positivity as a Derby fan”, well I’m sorry for you if you think I’m not enough of a happy clapper and, on occasions, am critical or lack the same level of blind faith as some others.

10 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just seen we’ve been given just over 1600 allocation for Plymouth. With this being Tues night do you think they’ll make general sale? Was planning on taking the old man and doing a stopover but he doesn’t have an away membership so need to take my chances with general sale.

You’ve got no chance. 

B4 has just got a job in the ticket office and he slips a ticket into everybody’s bag that walk through the door. 

#nevermakegeneralsale