Women's Euro 2022

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Anyone who watched that game last night and didn't enjoy it, either doesn't like football or is a stubborn idiot who refuses to admit they were wrong.

Well done girls ?

Enjoyed it, great finish to win it as well 

Come on the Lionesses ?  

A very enjoyable spectacle if you're prepared to accept the ladies game on it's own merits. 

Was really gladiatorial with each team enjoying spells in the ascendency. 

A little bit of skulduggery as well as the effusive celebrations showed that this meant a lot to the players. 

The tactical nip and tuck was very interesting to see. Clearly sarina weigman is an astute reader of the unfolding game situation and the moves and counter moves were interesting to watch. 

Finally, keira Walsh could be declan rice's sister. Pads around in front of the back 4 spraying passes but is desperately one-footed..... 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

A very enjoyable spectacle if you're prepared to accept the ladies game on it's own merits. 

Was really gladiatorial with each team enjoying spells in the ascendency. 

A little bit of skulduggery as well as the effusive celebrations showed that this meant a lot to the players. 

The tactical nip and tuck was very interesting to see. Clearly sarina weigman is an astute reader of the unfolding game situation and the moves and counter moves were interesting to watch. 

Finally, keira Walsh could be declan rice's sister. Pads around in front of the back 4 spraying passes but is desperately one-footed..... 

do you reckon a female manager would ever manage in the mens game? There seem to be some really good managers in womens football, but I’ve never heard their names mentioned in relation to jobs in the mens game. 

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

do you reckon a female manager would ever manage in the mens game? There seem to be some really good managers in womens football, but I’ve never heard their names mentioned in relation to jobs in the mens game. 

In time, I think yes. However, that timescale is probably generational in length, and they'll probably be some missteps and failures along the way. 

But you have to remember 40 years ago women in managerial positions in many ordinary workplaces was something of a novelty and these days a normality.

Ultimately, big business won't waste talent and it'll gradually become accepted.

14 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I found a website......the only one I'd heard of is corinne diacre, the current French women's team manager, who managed Clermont Foot in the French ligue 2 for 3 seasons. 

So it has been done. Maybe Emma Hayes might get a chance in the English league? 

The transition from the women’s game to the men’s game would be similar from amateur football to professional football. It’s a huge gap to bridge.

And it works both ways. A manager used to working in the professional game may struggle with the limited ability in the amateur game.

Women’s football is amateur standard. That’s not a criticism. It’s just where it is. So I can understand the reluctance to appoint not just female managers, but also male managers who have only ever coached in the women’s game.

I think you can enjoy the women’s game just like you can enjoy grassroots men’s football. But people are stubborn, and the propaganda and comparisons with top-level men’s game will no doubt be too much for some to handle.

They are different games, and I think comparing things like goal scoring records as we’ve seen recently is only to drive up engagement (positive and negative). It’s great in it’s own right, and certainly has  an element of purity about the football… the only real downside to me is some of the goalkeeping in particular is really really bad. 

I was assistant manager for a ladies team for a few years and it was a brilliant experience. Loved every moment of it. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Fixed.

I have no issues with the women’s game. I watched the highlights of England’s win over Spain and enjoyed it. The winning goal was a cracker.

I actually enjoy reading the HYS section too. You can tell people are seething at how much attention is put on the women’s game.

The BBC trolling is brilliant.

21 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

It will happen at some point, whether it will be a success I'm not so sure. The Women's and men's games are very different, they're played in a different way and fundamentally it feels like a different kind of sport. I really did enjoy the england vs spain game and it's not to diminish the achievements of the women. However, if you've got a background in women's football, I'm not so sure how that would translate to the men's game. I think any woman who makes that bridge is A) going to be very very brave and B) going to need to be very versatile.