Women's Euro 2022

2 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

But they are paid a fraction of what the men get! In what other work place would this be allowed.

You could argue that pay is directly related to revenue brought in. 

you only get paid as good as your agent can negotiate. In what other business would two people doing exactly the same job get paid wildly different amounts, two players at the same club, both left backs, can get paid completely different amounts. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You could argue that pay is directly related to revenue brought in. 

you only get paid as good as your agent can negotiate. In what other business would two people doing exactly the same job get paid wildly different amounts, two players at the same club, both left backs, can get paid completely different amounts. 

If I had my way agents would be made redundant and men would be paid a lot less!

1 minute ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

You may laugh cstand but as a woman I find this totally wrong and it makes me very angry The highest paid woman footballer gets £400,000 a year. 

I think this is a difficult area. 

I've been on the BBC hys taking a swipe at all the dinosaurs by saying that "this is womens football. It's a sport in its own right and should not be compared to men's football". 

However, if you accept that, then the force of argument for equal pay is reduced. 

Just to be clear, I'm totally in favour of equal pay for equal roles.