Women's Euro 2022

39 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Fantastic atmosphere here in Southampton for the England v n Ireland game. 

Not a ticket to be had anywhere. 

How have we not scored, come on England 

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Have another ?

I can see another goal fest on the cards

11 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

A bit harsh, I thought some of them looked OK.

I've been one of those who've been less than complimentary about women's football - in particular the 'over indexing' it receives in the media. Yes, there is a huge gulf between the favourites and those playing their first tournament - feels a bit like watching the World Cup in the 70s when African team were a bit of novelty value.

But the top teams are good enough to entertain. I'd also say the men can learn a huge thing from the women in terms of diving, time wasting and simulation (yes, I know, my wife simulates most times also). Would be interesting to see how many minutes of football, or longest continuous period of play, in the women's game as it just feels like you get a bit more, well, actual football.

A very late equaliser not quite enough for the dottirs, as Belgium narrowly won against a dispirited Italy. 

It seems England's ladies have had a touch of the Southgates as they cannot meet either of the other sides in tip top form - Germany and France - until the final. 

Spain, who have lost key players through injury are up next, followed by the winner of Sweden v Belgium.