How’s it going to be on opening day

jono

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s got Derby 0-1 Oxford written all over it. Similar to when we lost to Doncaster at home 0-1 in 2008.

Lots of new players, a move down in division. May take a month or two.

But no need to panic. Some of the very best teams get off to slow starts. Even Man City who don’t ever seem to get going until mid October.

Ha this was what I was going to post pretty much word for word!

Ever the optimist.

It would be nice to start with a convincing win but it's not the Derby Way.

53 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m expecting us to lose. 

He’s bringing in a complete new squad and they’re going to need to adjust and gel. 

I can’t say I am expecting that - it seems all the players coming in have played at that level  of league one football - they know what they have signed up to - I am confident 

12 hours ago, KBB said:

Boo em off if we aren't 4.0 up by halftime.

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

This is my concern.  It's amazing how, as soon as we're out of admin the entitled jeb-ends amongst the fan base stick their heads back above the parapet...

We cannot control them... but we can ignore them!  

4 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

22 degrees is not 'Short sleeve weather'

22 degrees is 'Time to take the thermal underwear off' weather

25 degrees though, might take the fleece off. ?

You’re not .. by any chance ………. A southern softie !!!!!! 
Or is it that you have your own team of ex army punka whallahs to accompany you to games ? 

6 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

Arggggggghhhhh I have spent 40 years trying to forget that day. I was there and forever scarred.

But at least we all looked magnificent in our matching bright yellow "We'll be back" tee-shirts!   ?

1 hour ago, BobdeBilder said:

Arggggggghhhhh I have spent 40 years trying to forget that day. I was there and forever scarred.

The score stays engrained in the mind but our awful performance was quickly erased by the consumption of a large amount of alcohol on the journey home.

Norwich 1 - 7 Colchester

Remember that? Norwich had been relegated from the Championship but were favourites for Lge 1 and expected to bounce back. The above was their season opener. Half time was 0-5. Poor Angus Gunn as manager looking like a shell-shocked Eddie Hitler. 

They did recover to win the division though.

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

Norwich 1 - 7 Colchester

Remember that? Norwich had been relegated from the Championship but were favourites for Lge 1 and expected to bounce back. The above was their season opener. Half time was 0-5. Poor Angus Gunn as manager looking like a shell-shocked Eddie Hitler. 

They did recover to win the division though.

Bryan Gunn, not Angus.