How’s it going to be on opening day

jono

I have a really positive feel in that I am sure PPS will have a large, noisy and jubilant crowd. Bound to see some of the new quality players making debuts. Anyone who’s going will be gone. There’s going to be so much pent up emotion and anticipation. I know nothing about Oxford United but it’s a beautiful place. Will Liam have the right plan. Will we have a nervy start with everyone trying too hard and snatching at things, or will we gel and get a treat. Will we look like festival goal scorers or be technical and reticent ? 

Can’t wait ???

1 hour ago, jono said:

There’s going to be so much pent up emotion and anticipation. I know nothing about Oxford United but it’s a beautiful place. Will Liam have the right plan. Will we have a nervy start with everyone trying too hard and snatching at things, or will we gel and get a treat. Will we look like festival goal scorers or be technical and reticent ? 

Can’t wait ???

You ever had a wander round Cowley? Bit short on dreaming spires there...... 

42 minutes ago, Simon Bradley said:

Surely at Least 7-1 half time then 91-1 end score if they can super rams can 

What I really want is an early goal or 2 so we relax and play and then somewhere near the end we get a belter and we all go home full of optimism 

I am a dreamer and a happy clapper. Can’t help it.

The Dark side (cos all happy clappers have a big hidden dark side )  is lots of pretty football and missed chances and they score a late one 

Am buzzing! Although interms of attendance i think with people being on hols it may not be huge but i hope im proved wrong lol! Think itll be a slow burn this season! Lot of new players, take a while to bed (again hope im proved wrong lol) but i think its going to be a good season! Ei ei ei o ?

Up the Rams ??

Oh i am expecting the usual on the match day thread, moaning and cursing about how useless some of the players are, how badly we are playing, a few ffs's without any explanation and then after we win changing the tune to, it was never in doubt, promotion here we come.

It’s got Derby 0-1 Oxford written all over it. Similar to when we lost to Doncaster at home 0-1 in 2008.

Lots of new players, a move down in division. May take a month or two.

But no need to panic. Some of the very best teams get off to slow starts. Even Man City who don’t ever seem to get going until mid October.