Championship | 22/23 Season

Day

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

It looks like Sky are happy to walk away from the table due to poor viewing figures in the Championship this season. A new article come out suggesting they will be showing less games and will therefore pay less money (no doubt still owning the rights to all the games). 

It’s an opportunity for the EFL to be creative with their product bringing streaming platforms to the table, (failing that) give teams the option to control their own broadcasting rights. 

Saying this, I have no doubts that they will accept a s**** deal with Sky and continue the period of austerity it has governed as it continues to eat itself.

Part of me is glad, the other is aware this will have long-term financial impact on the team I support as day-by-day we sleep walk into a situation where you simply can’t have the Premier League and EFL coexist. 

Less viewing figures for the championship this season you say? Should improve once we get promoted. 

‘you’re only here to see the rams.’

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It looks like Sky are happy to walk away from the table due to poor viewing figures in the Championship this season. A new article come out suggesting they will be showing less games and will therefore pay less money (no doubt still owning the rights to all the games). 

It’s an opportunity for the EFL to be creative with their product bringing streaming platforms to the table, (failing that) give teams the option to control their own broadcasting rights. 

Saying this, I have no doubts that they will accept a s**** deal with Sky and continue the period of austerity it has governed as it continues to eat itself.

Part of me is glad, the other is aware this will have long-term financial impact on the team I support as day-by-day we sleep walk into a situation where you simply can’t have the Premier League and EFL coexist. 

They championship has lost a lot of their big teams in recent years - us, the dirties, red dogs, wednesday, etc all used to bring in a lot of viewers but are no longer in that league.

It would be nice for someone to show more than the bare minimum of efl games - especially in leagues 1 and 2

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Less viewing figures for the championship this season you say? Should improve once we get promoted. 

‘you’re only here to see the rams.’

Ironically, few have done more for making the EFL marketable than Mel Morris bringing in the likes of Lampard and Rooney. 

Football in this country is too big six centric so the more EFL teams can lean on those big names the better for revenue. 

27 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I saw this thread and was expecting to see some words about how well QPR were doing this season!

Probably because when the pressure is on you know that almost certainly they will implode and bottle it, so why bother.

32 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Probably because when the pressure is on you know that almost certainly they will implode and bottle it, so why bother.

Well I’m going to enjoy it whilst it lasts!

was lucky yesterday Wigan should have had a penalty and hit the bar near the end.

I earmarked Rotherham, Blackpool, Wigan and Hull as the most likely to go down from the Championship this season.

All four are exceeding expectations so far.

If just two survive, it will mean another biggish club will drop.

I hope it’s not Coventry.

It would be funny if it was one of Boro, West Brom or Cardiff given they all had parachute payments in the last five years or so.

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I earmarked Rotherham, Blackpool, Wigan and Hull as the most likely to go down from the Championship this season.

It would be funny if it was one of Boro, West Brom or Cardiff given they all had parachute payments in the last five years or so.

Both boro and wbs looked bereft on the EFL show. 

Why not go for both? ?

18 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Coventry City looking at alternative venues to play at - not looking good at all for them?