Championship | 22/23 Season

Day

3 hours ago, David said:

Bournemouth whilst in the Championship, how do you lose £55m whilst also receiving parachute payments? And this is what other clubs are up against. 🤯

That was pretty much what I expected with a 70 million wage bill.  Attendances of 7k and a 25 million quid striker getting splinters with another 40 odd million of strikers playing.  Footballs broken.  If they'd still been in the championship this year they'd have been fooked.  Sheff Utd are turning down offers of 20 million for players but owe millions in unpaid transfer fees.  If they caught over the final stretch they are fooked. West Brom have taken loans on the ground and training facilities from MSD which sounds familiar.  Next year they will be another one in a horrendous position. If Villa had lost to us they would be where we are now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2023 at 08:10, David said:

Bournemouth whilst in the Championship, how do you lose £55m whilst also receiving parachute payments? And this is what other clubs are up against. 🤯

That’s obscene. Not to be all little club vs big club mentality, but there’s no way Bournemouth have any right to be spending that sort of money. 

19 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

That’s obscene. Not to be all little club vs big club mentality, but there’s no way Bournemouth have any right to be spending that sort of money. 

As long as their owners don’t bail on the club leaving them with huge debts, I think they have every right and it’s good for the game.

We already have an established top six which has ruined it for the rest of us regarding chances of winning titles.

I don’t want to see an established top 20 either.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

As long as their owners don’t bail on the club leaving them with huge debts, I think they have every right and it’s good for the game.

We already have an established top six which has ruined it for the rest of us regarding chances of winning titles.

Losing £55 million in a year is good for the game, seriously.

30 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Losing £55 million in a year is good for the game, seriously.

But who is losing £55m? Is it the club or the owner? And besides, that is £55m in a Championship season. A worthwhile risk if they then generate £100m for every Premier League season.

For teams like Bournemouth to compete for PL football, they will need to spend. Why should they be denied the right to compete for a PL place?

All well and good whilst you have a queue of rich businessmen/women willing to lose that kind of money on a football club.

When that queue has been exhausted and nobody left standing, thats when clubs will start to fold. Is that not inevitable at some point?

Football clubs should not be losing money, period. They should be treated like any other business, you wouldn’t see a supermarket remain open with losses of £55m, so why is it deemed ok for a football club?

Until the PL shares the same view, the rest of the football pyramid will suffer. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

All well and good whilst you have a queue of rich businessmen/women willing to lose that kind of money on a football club.

When that queue has been exhausted and nobody left standing, thats when clubs will start to fold. Is that not inevitable at some point?

Football clubs should not be losing money, period. They should be treated like any other business, you wouldn’t see a supermarket remain open with losses of £55m, so why is it deemed ok for a football club?

Until the PL shares the same view, the rest of the football pyramid will suffer. 

Perhaps Notts Forest could pass a bit on to their two local rivals so that it evens out football a little? Or they could splash their parachute payments on twenty players, fluke another promotion, and then spend another £200M on sub premier league players and repeat (see Fulham, Bournemouth....)

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Perhaps Notts Forest could pass a bit on to their two local rivals so that it evens out football a little? Or they could splash their parachute payments on twenty players, fluke another promotion, and then spend another £200M on sub premier league players and repeat (see Fulham, Bournemouth....)

Think they've already done that.  All finally peed up the wall in fees and wages 3 months ago with the 25 million Chris wood deal for 18 months of playing time as the coup de grace.  Now he's not just crap but injured for the run in.  Shame.

22 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think my point is that a club like Bournemouth has a natural financial ceiling. They do t pull in massive crowds, they don’t have a fan base beyond Bournemouth, in any logical world, they shouldn’t be able to afford to lose £55m. 

like it or not, United are a global brand, which is why they really should be in a separate super league, and leave domestic football to the local clubs for local people. 

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I think my point is that a club like Bournemouth has a natural financial ceiling. They do t pull in massive crowds, they don’t have a fan base beyond Bournemouth, in any logical world, they shouldn’t be able to afford to lose £55m. 

like it or not, United are a global brand, which is why they really should be in a separate super league, and leave domestic football to the local clubs for local people. 

FFP is designed to stop clubs like Bournemouth challenging the like of Man Utd. It certainly doesnt protect clubs from financial oblivion.

As long as the owners dont leave the club in the s*** i think all clubs should be allowed to spend whatever they want. If we're just going to limit it to the point where bournemouth arent allowed to spend anything because they dont get as many fans whats the point. The big clubs would never be challenged ever again

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was it Crooks.  player is pure filth.

No, a player who was at Scunthorpe last season. Just a really cynical lunge to stop the pacy Burnley player who'd got past him.

I guess it didn't hurt him enough, but I thought it looked really nasty and only good fortune meant no real harm.

Meh, just hate Boro.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warnock has done a great job at Huddersfield. They looked dead and buried.

I’d like to see Rotherham survive. QPR for the drop would be funny. Cardiff wouldn’t be bad either.

QPR and Cardiff dropping wouldn't be the best for us if we fail to go up though.

Rotherham, Blackpool and Wigan would be the ideal scenario for us.

1 hour ago, David said:

Gone.

I haven’t taken much notice of the Championship at all this season.

I didn’t even know this dinosaur was back in the job. I just saw Lamouchi was at Cardiff too.

Wilder is another who is quickly showing he was just a one trick pony at one club. 

And finally why are Bristol City persisting with Nigel Pearson. Another dinosaur. Going nowhere.