Championship | 22/23 Season

Day

On 23/10/2022 at 14:53, Bobby said:

I saw this thread and was expecting to see some words about how well QPR were doing this season!

It wasn’t you kissing that girl at half time at Norwich was it? #kissgate (if you know you know) 

On 01/11/2022 at 14:29, Ghost of Clough said:

I forgot QPR existed until you mentioned them

They've picked up 1 point in the last 3 games since Bobby's post and haven't scored a goal. 

Just posting on this forum is enough to screw an oppo fan's season ?

The bottom of the championship is ridiculously tight this season. I keep one eye on it to see the demise of Boro. I noted that Coventry had games in hand and could catch them. I saw today Coventry are surprisingly high, still with 2 games in hand, they’re well out of it, and I wondered how they’d managed that while I turned my back for a second. Then realised they’re still only 3 points clear in 15th. 3 pints separate 15th from 23rd. Only Huddersfield are being cut adrift, but the other 2 relegation places can be shared between 9 teams from one week to the next. 

Blackburn who are in the automatic promotion places have lost more games than West Brom who are in the bottom three.

And we’re 20 games in.

The Championship is a weird league this season. It’s entirely realistic for teams like Boro and West Brom to finish in the playoffs, while you wouldn’t put it past Rotherham and Reading (13th and 14th) to go down.

Only team I’ve seen who looks alright is Burnley. The rest make Forest look good.

On 05/11/2022 at 17:49, Crewton said:

They've picked up 1 point in the last 3 games since Bobby's post and haven't scored a goal. 

Just posting on this forum is enough to screw an oppo fan's season ?

Yep, sometimes it’s best to say nothing !!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 11:04, Premier ram said:

Richardsons done a good job at Wigan , pulled the trigger on him far to early i think

Clearly done a decent job in the long run, but if you listen to (reasonable) Wigan fans on Twitter, the football was absolutely dire. Still utterly bizarre to give him a new deal then sack him a few weeks later though.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

In spite of how some Birmingham fans reacted about our plight, I'd still not wish it on them.

I wonder how those who were singing about having a party when Derby die, are feeling now?

No football team should die, us football fans should stick together against dodgy owners and/or dodgy governance, both of which come and go, true supporters take their support to the grave and shouldn't be punished by actions over which they have no control.