Championship | 22/23 Season

David

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Cardiff City Vs Nantes...Emiliano Sala case

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62687480

Good. The absolute shysters may not have been responsible for the crash itself, but they put pressure on his agent to get him back from France, and the transfer was legitimate. I hope Nantes eventually get all the money they're due. 

15 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Alex Neil leaving Sunderland for Stoke has to be for family reasons.

I can’t think of any other reason why you would move otherwise.

Sunderland are a bigger club. Have a higher ceiling. With FFP they will have a bigger ceiling in terms of budget.

He was on a 12 month rolling contract which expired in February, when they went up he was offered more money, yet would remain on a rolling contract and the expiry remained the same. 

Stoke come along, offer a 3 year deal, so for financial security it makes perfect sense. 

Sunderland really messed up by not showing any kind of long term commitment to him.

1 hour ago, David said:

He was on a 12 month rolling contract which expired in February, when they went up he was offered more money, yet would remain on a rolling contract and the expiry remained the same. 

Stoke come along, offer a 3 year deal, so for financial security it makes perfect sense. 

Sunderland really messed up by not showing any kind of long term commitment to him.

Seems quite prudent from Sunderland to me. With a 12 month contract they dont have to give massive payouts every time they change manager, which is something that crippled us.

Sunderland have had their own financial problems and probably dont want to repeat those mistakes.

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Seems quite prudent from Sunderland to me. With a 12 month contract they dont have to give massive payouts every time they change manager, which is something that crippled us.

Sunderland have had their own financial problems and probably dont want to repeat those mistakes.

True, yet at the same time it leaves you open to this happening which will now disrupt the start of the season. Not ideal to see your manager leave a few days before the transfer window closes.