Eiran Cashin - Signed two year contract 2024

England Ram

Busy weekend here, so not fully up to scratch on our recent transfer/signing extravaganza, but I'll be absolutely amazed if any signing we have made and/or make in the next 12 months will bring a bigger smile to myself than this one.

I was very, very impressed with what I saw of Eiran last season, and have massive hopes for him.  So pleased he has honoured us with choosing to stay.

?

9 hours ago, jono said:

Magic magic magic. He is the one I wanted to stay. Not that pacy but so strong, so calm, so observant. He can tackle cleanly, doesn’t panic, passes instead of hoofing, and looks so good with Curtis. 

Thank you Eiran. ????

PS .. I am very pleased about this ?

100%. The only 4 I really wanted to keep were/ are:

Curt

Alsopp

Cashin

Malc

54 minutes ago, Foxy Ram said:

2Q==.jpg

I love watching Cashin play and I’ll love watching him develop. I hope that he’s got a contract that he’s really happy with because he deserves it. But he’s not Colin Todd and never will be. He can tackle like Toddy, is as strong and is similar in height, can learn to read the game as well as Toddy did, can bring the ball out of defence and pass as well as Toddy did and is a good header of the ball and you can see he loves defending, just as Toddy did. But. You can’t learn raw pace.

I once saw Toddy give Malcolm MacDonald a couple of yards start at the BBG, turn, catch him up and took the ball off him. MM could do 100m in around 10 seconds. He was seriously quick. Toddy was as quick. Cashin will, like Curtis has done, learn that good positioning will allow him to overcome that weakness in his game

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

I love watching Cashin play and I’ll love watching him develop. I hope that he’s got a contract that he’s really happy with because he deserves it. But he’s not Colin Todd and never will be. He can tackle like Toddy, is as strong and is similar in height, can learn to read the game as well as Toddy did, can bring the ball out of defence and pass as well as Toddy did and is a good header of the ball and you can see he loves defending, just as Toddy did. But. You can’t learn raw pace.

I once saw Toddy give Malcolm MacDonald a couple of yards start at the BBG, turn, catch him up and took the ball off him. MM could do 100m in around 10 seconds. He was seriously quick. Toddy was as quick. Cashin will, like Curtis has done, learn that good positioning will allow him to overcome that weakness in his game

Yes Toddy was quicker but Eiran is of the same ilk nonetheless. It's a bit of a stretch to speak of "that weakness in his game." He's a very, very good footballer.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Anyone remember that superstars to show. Superman did indeed run 10.something in the 100 Mtrs. Don’t think anyone ever got close. That era had 2 defenders who broke moulds in they they were fast and mobile like the best of todays. Todd and Martin Buchan. The thing that amazes me about Toddy is that he was only about 5-9 but won so many headers.