New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

17 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Not particularly liking this about Josh Murphy

Cardiff City winger Josh Murphy's miserable season has gone from bad to worse after his loan club Preston North End bombed him out of the squad with immediate effect, with reports citing "punctuality and attitude" problems.

He’d employed Wisdom as his driver, so not to blame.

What does everyone else think we need?

Just my opinion but I'm still not 100% that Wildsmith will be number one. We definitely need another keeper that's for sure.

Clearly Rosenior is after an experienced right back which is much needed. I've tried to have a look who's out there. Tommy Smith, Cyrus Christie I can see are free agents. Not saying I'd sign either. Any other suggestions?

As it stands we need a left back. Forsyth is still sticking around. Really strange he hasn't signed a deal yet. Surely if he was off he'd be gone now?

Centre half we are pretty stacked. Davies, Chester, Cashin, Stearman, Roberts can play there too. 

I was going to say we might need a CDM. But now clearly Bird is staying and Smith is here. We may offer a deal to McDonald? Maybe a year wouldn't hurt. Experience could be key. Knight, Hourihane, Sibley as more advanced midfielders. Maybe another one there? I'm not sold on Sibley. Seems quite petulant when things aren't going his way. 

Bielik I'm just not even considering. Not injured according to Rosenior but not seen in any training pictures at all. Don't see how we afford his wages so think he'll be off on loan.

Attacking areas we are light. Barkhuizen, NML are our only wingers (Yeah Sibley and Knight can play there but they aren't wingers) I think one or 2 more here. Then striker wise Collins and Mcgoldrick. Stretton isn't ready. So I think another striker is a must too.

So GK, RB, CAM, RW, LW, ST

So 6 more (7 if Forsyth don't stay) and I think we'll have a good, competitive squad that should challenge for top 6.

Interested to know what others think....

Depends on the formation but i think we defo need more depth on the left side, defence and midfield!

Could do with another right sided midfielder!

Reckon that would have us in pretty good shape but ideally could do with another proven pacey striker and a quality keeper to be a real force next season! Hard when you have a transfer embargo though!

8 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Depends on the formation but i think we defo need more depth on the left side, defence and midfield!

Could do with another right sided midfielder!

Reckon that would have us in pretty good shape but ideally could do with another proven pacey striker and a quality keeper to be a real force next season! Hard when you have a transfer embargo though!

We don't have an embargo anymore do we?

I know we can't spend a fee but frees and loans are fine?

Infact can we spend a fee if we make money?

42 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

What does everyone else think we need?

Just my opinion but I'm still not 100% that Wildsmith will be number one. We definitely need another keeper that's for sure.

Clearly Rosenior is after an experienced right back which is much needed. I've tried to have a look who's out there. Tommy Smith, Cyrus Christie I can see are free agents. Not saying I'd sign either. Any other suggestions?

As it stands we need a left back. Forsyth is still sticking around. Really strange he hasn't signed a deal yet. Surely if he was off he'd be gone now?

Centre half we are pretty stacked. Davies, Chester, Cashin, Stearman, Roberts can play there too. 

I was going to say we might need a CDM. But now clearly Bird is staying and Smith is here. We may offer a deal to McDonald? Maybe a year wouldn't hurt. Experience could be key. Knight, Hourihane, Sibley as more advanced midfielders. Maybe another one there? I'm not sold on Sibley. Seems quite petulant when things aren't going his way. 

Bielik I'm just not even considering. Not injured according to Rosenior but not seen in any training pictures at all. Don't see how we afford his wages so think he'll be off on loan.

Attacking areas we are light. Barkhuizen, NML are our only wingers (Yeah Sibley and Knight can play there but they aren't wingers) I think one or 2 more here. Then striker wise Collins and Mcgoldrick. Stretton isn't ready. So I think another striker is a must too.

So GK, RB, CAM, RW, LW, ST

So 6 more (7 if Forsyth don't stay) and I think we'll have a good, competitive squad that should challenge for top 6.

Interested to know what others think....

Spot on, not fully convinced by Sibley & Stretton either. 

GK

RB

LB (Fozzy?)

CDM (KB replacement - KM or DS?)

RW (Diallo?)

LW (Murphy?)

CAM

ST

I think if the CAM can play LW & RW that would be ideal that way for example Diallo would be a back up behind...NML, Barkhuizen, Murphy, new CAM, Sibley, Knight....makes us much stronger in numbers.

So like you said, 6 more plus Forsyth, then an 8th if Bielik goes as most of us expect.

I think we expected Bielik to have gone by now which is why Stephens hasnt signed up yet, could be wrong.

Then if anyone else goes like Sibley or Knight they need replacing too.

GK: Wildsmith, GK, Loach

RB: Smith, Odoruh

RCB: Chester, Stearman

LCB: Davies, Cashin

LB: Roberts, Forsyth

RDM: Hourihane, Bielik, McDonald

LDM: Bird, Tommo

RW: Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen

AM: Knight

LW: LW, Sibley

CF: Collins, McGoldrick, Stretton

Smith used at RB. The signing doesn't make much sense given the player we have at DM. We basically want to play with our full backs playing like DMs so he'd fit in well there.

A lot of flexibility in the 5 wingers and AMs listed, with them pretty much being able to play anywhere across that line. Plus, both McGoldrick and Hourihane could be played in the AM role, hence an extra DM as cover (McDonald)

22 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We don't have an embargo anymore do we?

I know we can't spend a fee but frees and loans are fine?

Infact can we spend a fee if we make money?

Yeh think your right! Cant try and buy a player with a transfer fee is what i should have said! Like you say, free and loans at mo!

ps im mackworth too ?

Edited by De22Ram

53 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We really need some pace at centre forward....  For the 10th time.  

You say that but it's a tricky one. It's not as straightforward as you seem to indicate.

For instance, there's a counter argument that, on the other hand, we need a centre forward with pace.

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Smith used at RB. The signing doesn't make much sense given the player we have at DM. We basically want to play with our full backs playing like DMs so he'd fit in well there.

A lot of flexibility in the 5 wingers and AMs listed, with them pretty much being able to play anywhere across that line. Plus, both McGoldrick and Hourihane could be played in the AM role, hence an extra DM as cover (McDonald)

smith is far better at centre mid than at right back

18 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

smith is far better at centre mid than at right back

I'd say Bird, Hourihane and Bielik are better than Smith at DM. Can't see Smith coming in as 4th choice.

Given we have those 4, Tommo and likely to give McDonald a contract, I'm expecting Smith mostly to play at RB.

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Little update, expect 2 announced on Saturday before Leicester game. A midfielder (McDonald?!) and an attacker (Diallo?!) hearing josh Murphy has been training today and there’s a possibility Jamal Blackman could come in, he is still training at Huddersfield however. I expect we’ll see more movement soon

Are you an actual Derby County player or are you in fact actually Mel morris’s drone? With AI capability to post on a football forum? Whatever it is I like the inside tips. 

39 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Surely we won't sign a CDM in Smith and make him out first choice right back? Rosenior has already said he's looking at experience there. 

Neither Thompson or Hourihane are CDMs for me. Plus you've got Bielik there and if we're honest there's no chance he's here next season. Id imagine we want him off the wage bill sharpish. I forgot about Thompson. But not convinced he's ready yet.

A lot of it is square pegs in round holes. Sibley LW for example. He doesn't fit there. In fairness I don't know where he does fit in the system we play.

Of your CDMs one of them won't be here, one isn't a CDM and one of them was released by Dundee. 

Absolutely desperate for a right back, wingers and a striker. Stretton is nowhere near ready. The last thing we need is an injury to Collins and then having to rely on Stretton.

Although it won't make any difference who's upfront if we don't have any threat from midfield and wingers who cross the ball.