New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

40 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Oh yeah, that's right, we're chucking money at it with only free transfers and a limiting wage cap...

He's just getting his excuses in early. Of course this won't be the last load of whiney misinformation that we have to endure this season. Nasty evil Derby! *sob*.

We’re League One, operating under a business plan that involves no transfer fees and a salary cap and we’re still a more attractive prospect. That isn’t our fault Paul, that’s just any footballer with a brain in his head making a sensible decision.

I also liked the comment from the Ipswich fan about “throwing money around” - literally not what we’re doing because we can’t, even IF we wanted to. Really couldn’t be any more clueless about our situation.

4 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

We’re League One, operating under a business plan that involves no transfer fees and a salary cap and we’re still a more attractive prospect. That isn’t our fault Paul, that’s just any footballer with a brain in his head making a sensible decision.

I also liked the comment from the Ipswich fan about “throwing money around” - literally not what we’re doing because we can’t, even IF we wanted to. Really couldn’t be any more clueless about our situation.

Read through some of the replies on Twitter earlier, stupid of me I know, but there’s one Rotherham fan saying we’re giving out “backhanders” as if it’s fact. It does my head in that people can’t see the other possibilities and resort to the simple and idiotic narrative that we’re cheating. If I was a footballer looking at it objectively going, “I could join one team for x amount and be at a higher level but more than likely involved in a relegation scrap or join that other time for close to or a little less than x amount but be part of a promotion push, at a club with a big stadium, modern facilities, crowds of roughly 20k or more and add in the fact a few of my mates are there and it’s convenient for where I live” it’s easy to see why they may join Derby over another club. 
That’s without the very clear bias of the Derby Twitter crowd who insist on us being “massive”….I mean we are, but that’s not the only reason ? 

59 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Oh yeah, that's right, we're chucking money at it with only free transfers and a limiting wage cap...

He's just getting his excuses in early. Of course this won't be the last load of whiney misinformation that we have to endure this season. Nasty evil Derby! *sob*.

Aren't these the same players who turned down more money to come to us than go to a Championship club?
Some people also have it in there head that we're chucking millions at signing on fees to get around the wage cap ?

1 hour ago, Alty_Ram said:

i would like to see what restrictions we actually have. 

i must admit our signings dont seem to add up to transfer restrictions. as much as everybody likes to think all the players took a massive wage cut i am not so sure.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Most of the players are rejects from Championship clubs. NML from Wednesday. Let’s not get carried away. 

We are the Goonies of League One. 

Shame we lost Wayne though, the Goonies were at their best when Sloth was around….

49 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Josh Murphy on trail this morning 

He would be a good signing at League One level. I didn't realise he was out of contract - he always used to chip in with a few goals in the Championship but always seemed to be in and out of the team. We definitely need wingers so could be a smart pick up!