New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

7 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yes but are we REALLY?! Because signing all these players on top of the 6 experienced pros and kids from the academy seems like maybe Mel Morris is wearing a David Clowes mask and continuing his reckless behaviour and therefore we must be spending way above our means as there’s no other possible explanation for these players joining the club. 

Edit - I am only joking. 

I'm glad you added the footnote for clarity ? 

11 minutes ago, SuffolkRam said:

Everybody seems certain that the hourihane and Chester deals are done.  We have been here before with ‘done’ deals, just hope we are  not using Kircheners bank to transfer the signing on fee

I think it's just a case of everybody being happy to move on from the admin thread, folks can get a little carried away, after what we all went through. I won't be celebrating until they are through the door, but it's great to see people getting excited about footballing matters.

10 hours ago, ck- said:

I’ll be honest, I did think you were overdoing it but that observation stopped me dead. We did overly trust that the previous owner was doing things reasonably and was prepared to cover his gambles himself. We were wrong and so a request to demonstrate a little caution this time around isn’t unreasonable. Once bitten, twice shy as the saying goes. 

But how were we to know the scale of the gamble being made when we didn’t have details of the finances? What could we have done about it if we had had concerns given we were given assurances that we were within P&S rules? What can we do about it now (asking questions on this forum isn’t going to get answers)? Do we need to be asking questions right now given the EFL are all over our transfer dealings like a rash?

There’s nothing wrong with retaining a level of caution but I don’t think you can blame the fans for our plight or that we should be overly cautious just now.

1 hour ago, desirelines said:

I really like the potential signing of James Chester. 33 years old is decent age for a centre back in these leagues, and he's already played with Davies at Hull so should have a decent understanding with him from the off. 

Same here. We don't often sign players whose all-time transfer worth is about 20 millions.

Do we have any confirmation that Byrne is staying? With Buchanan having (it seems) successfully shown his contract extension wasn't valid I'm a little surprised Byrne hasn't ventured that too as he was a stand out player last season and would get into 90% of championship sides

7 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

lawrence has nothing to do with dcfc,he is out of contract,he will only talk to us as a fall back,if he is anywhere near the club at the moment it will be to freeload the use of moor farm.that said,i would not object to him re signing

Lawrence will get better offers. Hes surprisingly well regarded in the championship.

33 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But how were we to know the scale of the gamble being made when we didn’t have details of the finances? What could we have done about it if we had had concerns given we were given assurances that we were within P&S rules? What can we do about it now (asking questions on this forum isn’t going to get answers)? Do we need to be asking questions right now given the EFL are all over our transfer dealings like a rash?

There’s nothing wrong with retaining a level of caution but I don’t think you can blame the fans for our plight or that we should be overly cautious just now.

Exactly right, the fans can't take responsibility for Mel's reckless actions.

So if the fans had caught wind of his actions and kicked off, what would of it achieved. Mel couldn't admit he was wrong during his so called "apology". Does anyone seriously think he would of come out and said "Oops, sorry all, you got me red handed, I will back off the spending now" ?

24 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I really like the potential signing of James Chester. 33 years old is decent age for a centre back in these leagues, and he's already played with Davies at Hull so should have a decent understanding with him from the off. 

Played with Liam at Hull also so he knows exactly what his strengths are.

In fact we only need to sign Andy Robertson from Liverpool and we will have the set.?

Edited by I DONT MIND

27 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

If these 3 (hopefully 4) are confirmed today they’re really good additions on top of the signings/extensions announced last Saturday. It gives us good options throughout the spine of the side. 
Ideally I’d like them to see Curtis extend his deal then some focus on the fullbacks, if Byrne is staying have we got a backup? What’s happening at left back (not Sibley)? 
Exciting times gang ? 

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Lawrence will get better offers. Hes surprisingly well regarded in the championship.

Is it surprising? A player who on his day can be unplayable, scores from range, has scored a couple of decent headers. I can see Lawrence being a good addition for any side, imagine adding Lawrence to a side that has other forward options, a team where the expectation doesn’t sit entirely on his shoulders. His 7-10 goals a season suddenly become a massive asset complimenting the goal threat from elsewhere. 
The Lawrence hate really baffles me.

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Is it surprising? A player who on his day can be unplayable, scores from range, has scored a couple of decent headers. I can see Lawrence being a good addition for any side, imagine adding Lawrence to a side that has other forward options, a team where the expectation doesn’t sit entirely on his shoulders. His 7-10 goals a season suddenly become a massive asset complimenting the goal threat from elsewhere. 
The Lawrence hate really baffles me.

It was only ever just frustration - if he did what he can do more often he'd have had a premier League career. Seemed everyone else rated him on his good days, some of the Derby fans only on his bad days.