New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I get that but I don’t want a number 2 with managerial experience and the number one being a rookie. There will be a continuous over the shoulder look especially in the not so good times.

If it is LR and Clowes is already speaking to him, I am 100% sure that right now, Rosenoir knows exactly who he wants and is already speaking to that person. He’s a born manager in my opinion.

Im actually just as intrigued as to who Clowes will appoint as CEO.

And if Curtis stays he’d be an excellent assistant. 90% of management is getting the respect from the players and inspiring them to do mare than just a job. 

37 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I get that but I don’t want a number 2 with managerial experience and the number one being a rookie. There will be a continuous over the shoulder look especially in the not so good times.

If it is LR and Clowes is already speaking to him, I am 100% sure that right now, Rosenoir knows exactly who he wants and is already speaking to that person. He’s a born manager in my opinion.

Im actually just as intrigued as to who Clowes will appoint as CEO.

I think anyone overly famous for any of these roles is totally the wrong look for DC.  I said yesterday, his strategy is going to non-flash and about survival/sustainable.  

His first act will be manager and CEO.  I suspect LR, for manager; I also expect CEO to be someone a little less famous - perhaps someone who has done well in a more focused role at larger club.  If they  go for a John Terry or Gary Cook, it is going to look like a continuation - which is why I doubt it will happen.

40 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

As much as I'd like to see Liam be given a chance to manage us next season. Ideally I'd prefer for us to appoint a manager who has an understanding of whats needed to survive in this league. The ability to assemble a squad quickly. Lastly has the charisma to attract a good quality of player, that will give us a good chance of being competitive in what will be a difficult season for us.

Who this mythical manager is, I haven't got clue. While those that are in the box seat to become our new owner are supposedly astute business men. I'm guessing that whoever finally becomes our new owner, will be in the same predicament, in their lack of knowledge of league one football and their ability to identify the right manager needed to lead us forward.

I just hope a new owner gets good footballing advice and can find the right person that they'll need to guide them through these difficult times. Whoever they do find, I hope they care as much for the club as we the ordinary fans do. That they are not there to make a quick buck but are wanting the club to thrive and push on to greater success.

I've balied out of reading this thread. I'm astounded at some of the suggestions I saw earlier. We are in administration, we have no money. We can't afford to pay compensation.  Rosenior is clearly the man to take us forward. He already knows what is and what isn't.

I would still find somebody to help him tho. A man who knows a player, a man steeped in the game (particularly lower league/ non league)  Even better a man who is a Ram.

There's some absolute gems out there and Kevin Wilson knows who they are. 

Bring back the sacrificial Ram.

Speak to him as a minimum. I'd employ him full time.

Edited by 68 Guns

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

Either way, what worries more is whether we can offer him the job whilst in Administration? Three days (if that’s what the deadline for Clowes is) is three days wasted to get new players in etc

Not sure either whether we can offer him a new contract but he will be on a good wage already and is desperate for a managerial job and this is a pretty good one. Keep the terms of his current contract and take on the new role I would say. He seems eager to step up. 

8 hours ago, jono said:

And if Curtis stays he’d be an excellent assistant. 90% of management is getting the respect from the players and inspiring them to do mare than just a job. 

100% this. Liam is a coach primarily which is fine but he may lack a little steel. I think having Curtis as his assistant would give the management team some gravitas. Also gives continuity and makes a lot of financial sense. 

40 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Under our present circumstances perhaps he can function in both roles. 

That was my original thought but, I have just read the section of “Pride. The inside story of Derby County” that talks about the time when Kevin Poole was goal keeping coach but also first team choice for the role (bizarrely, given his age) and how difficult the other keepers found it. I guess it’s different for the goal keeping position though.

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Hopefully that will be sorted by the end of the week….

May well be the case but maybe until we are out of administration officially we won’t be allowed to register players - which would be farcical on the football pitch 

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

100% this. Liam is a coach primarily which is fine but he may lack a little steel. I think having Curtis as his assistant would give the management team some gravitas. Also gives continuity and makes a lot of financial sense. 

Hasn’t Davies said he wants to go into the media rather than coaching when he finishes?

As much as I like Liam, I don't see him as a main man. He's lacking that something which is hard to put in words. Most likely he'll get the job anyway.

If possible, I'd go someone experienced. Mowbray would be obvious choice but his team selection would make me crazy. He is similar to Clough, loves to play players out of position.

Evatt is another I'd very much like to see, but I don't think it's realistic.