Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Is there any reason he shouldn't come out and say that having seen the quality of the refereeing in league one last season and with Derby's failure to get promoted he'd rather play championship football next season?

None at all. And obviously he'd then say so as Derby my employers are in League 1 I'd like a transfer.

On 02/06/2023 at 10:06, Gerry Daly said:

I think there are pro's and cons to the argument either way. However what is clear is we just need him moving on so that we can move on  

Indeed.  Due to the effect he had on our finances he is arguably one of the worst signings in English football history.  

2 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Indeed.  Due to the effect he had on our finances he is arguably one of the worst signings in English football history.  

And Chrissy Martin’s lengthen and improved contract, and Butterfield and Bradley and the lad from Reading and Anya

How much money ? .. naaa Christian doesn’t even get in the play offs 

1 minute ago, Dan_Ram said:

I’ve heard somewhere that if the fee is €100m then Bhams sell on is around £11m.

all the reports ive seen say there is a 5% sell on clause for Birmingham, i would think they will net about 4.5 million

4 hours ago, NottsRam said:

all the reports ive seen say there is a 5% sell on clause for Birmingham, i would think they will net about 4.5 million

The Birmingham Post thinks somewhere between 5-15%, so clearly they know as much as my aunt fanny and shes dead

Edited by Woodley Ram

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

you should start that thread. I dont think KB would feature 

He's not a bad player in the round, and should have some sympathy.  But his fee amount had a major impact on nearly bankrupting the club.  Not all his fault - you can't blame him for a) Mel Morris being prepared to sign him at inflated rates b) him getting injured.

But for sheer damage of one signing in isolation, he is hard to parallel.  

Edited by CBX1985

12 hours ago, Dan_Ram said:

I’ve heard somewhere that if the fee is €100m then Bhams sell on is around £11m.

Not sure what they sold him for but seems to be the norm the add on only gets paid on the element of the fee in excess of the original purchase.   Otherwise, a club could lose half the money they paid if the player turns out be pants and they sell at a loss and still shell out more to the club they originally bought from.  

7 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

He only won two league titles unless your counting our 2nd division title as well

Yes, i realised later. I forgot that he moved to Leeds with Clough. I don't think he won a league title there did he? So there you go then. Those detractors were right. He was rubbish because he only won two league titles! 😉