Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

31 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

I don’t know how I feel about Bielik. He’d be fantastic at this level and an addition to the team but he could have shown more loyalty to the club which spent a record fee on him and paid him while he had two career threatening injuries.

It’s like an ex coming back when they feel a bit lonely and unloved 

He’d got his international manager saying he needed to play at a higher level to get in the World Cup squad and we needed his wages off the books so we could bring more players in - not really sure there was any lack of loyalty in those circumstances….

16 hours ago, sage said:

The situation has changed with the new formation. We need more pace now. We have given 4 penalties away in the last 2 games against two very ordinary teams. 

I agree that a bit more pace at the back could be beneficial, but only one of those penalties was due to a lack of pace at CB - the others were clumsy mistakes by midfielders. If anywhere is an issue there, it's with the middle of the 3 : both Curtis and Stearman have been vulnerable at times, Chester and Cashin less so IMO.

On 20/10/2022 at 08:26, i-Ram said:

I suspect he has no desire to play CB. He has said it a few times in the past, and is obviously enjoying his midfield role at Brum. Good to see him getting a good run of games though. I still think we might have seen him play his last game for the Rams.

Yes, we’ve seen he’s got that Lampard like burst from deep charging towards the box. Dangerous player all over the field. 

45 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I agree that a bit more pace at the back could be beneficial, but only one of those penalties was due to a lack of pace at CB - the others were clumsy mistakes by midfielders. If anywhere is an issue there, it's with the middle of the 3 : both Curtis and Stearman have been vulnerable at times, Chester and Cashin less so IMO.

Bielik would play centre of the three. I just think that unless we sign another CB in Jan and Bielik does come back, he is best places there. 

I would suggest that we have been caught on the break several times and the lesser teams haven't scored. The likes of Ipswich and Portsmouth will. Mansfield tore us a new one in the second half but couldn't finish.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Bielik would play centre of the three. I just think that unless we sign another CB in Jan and Bielik does come back, he is best places there. 

I would suggest that we have been caught on the break several times and the lesser teams haven't scored. The likes of Ipswich and Portsmouth will. Mansfield tore us a new one in the second half but couldn't finish.

I don't think Bielek is significantly quicker than the others - I recall him being caught out by long balls a few times when he was playing at CB for Cocu.

We've debated long and hard about playing players in their best positions, so if Bielek does return in January, it makes no sense to play him at CB. If we need more pace at CB, it needs to be a new player or we use Roberts, since he's a CB and is allot quicker than Bielek.

16 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I don't think Bielek is significantly quicker than the others - I recall him being caught out by long balls a few times when he was playing at CB for Cocu.

We've debated long and hard about playing players in their best positions, so if Bielek does return in January, it makes no sense to play him at CB. If we need more pace at CB, it needs to be a new player or we use Roberts, since he's a CB and is allot quicker than Bielek.

Whilst not Tomori, he is miles quicket than Davies, Stearmen and Fozzy and a bit quicker than Chester. 

He plays CB for Poland in a back 3.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Played CB in thr last game I heard

He's played for Poland twice since 2019.

The first time, he came on as a sub for a CB. They were playing 523, but changed to 433 with Bielik at DM when he came on. I made the mistake of assuming it was a straight swap too, but had to watch the game back to check.
They then played 433 in the other game with Bielik DM

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's played for Poland twice since 2019.

The first time, he came on as a sub for a CB. They were playing 523, but changed to 433 with Bielik at DM when he came on. I made the mistake of assuming it was a straight swap too, but had to watch the game back to check.
They then played 433 in the other game with Bielik DM

I blaming you then ?

21 hours ago, sage said:

The situation has changed with the new formation. We need more pace now. We have given 4 penalties away in the last 2 games against two very ordinary teams. 

I'll put one down to lack of pace, the Curtis one at Accrington...even there we gave the ball away in a fashion we may not have done with Bielik in midfield. The other three were either soft or stupid.

Pinched from the Brum forum…..they love him over there.

From what I hear with Bielik he is on £35k basic at Derby and has a promotion bonus and unique as they are if they go up he gets a 25% pay rise.  Now as mad as it is when some of these contracts are agreed they don't specify promotion from which league.

He's under contract with them until 2024 and their finances still make him a weight and automatic promotion is not really in their sights.  Whilst his value may be £3m that is like Blues trying to value Dean or Colin a year ago at £4m these values are not relevant if you want a big wage off the clubs books.  With the current climate Derby finding a championship club willing to take him on permanently with his wages will already be tough.  League One finance rules are even tougher than ours.  He is earning the wage of about 6 League One players.

Pretty sure Derby would snap a £1m bid up to get him off the books. I dare say the player has to realise even £30k a week is a good wage now.  Doubt Premier clubs have him on their radar as well.

Warne likes a target man maybe offer them Juke, Leko and Friend 

I do believe if we can shift £50k a week off the wage bill it does make a move for Bielik more possible.  The noises about recalling him are likely be designed to create a sale.

………………big numbers alert! ?

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

4 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

From what I hear with Bielik he is on £35k basic at Derby and has a promotion bonus and unique as they are if they go up he gets a 25% pay rise.  Now as mad as it is when some of these contracts are agreed they don't specify promotion from which league.

He's under contract with them until 2024 and their finances still make him a weight and automatic promotion is not really in their sights.  Whilst his value may be £3m that is like Blues trying to value Dean or Colin a year ago at £4m these values are not relevant if you want a big wage off the clubs books.  With the current climate Derby finding a championship club willing to take him on permanently with his wages will already be tough.  League One finance rules are even tougher than ours.  He is earning the wage of about 6 League One players.

Pretty sure Derby would snap a £1m bid up to get him off the books. I dare say the player has to realise even £30k a week is a good wage now.  Doubt Premier clubs have him on their radar as well.

I do believe if we can shift £50k a week off the wage bill it does make a move for Bielik more possible.  The noises about recalling him are likely be designed to create a sale.

………………some big numbers on here!?

The numbers might guessed but the basics are probably correct. There's no mention of what we still owe @rsenal is there?

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Temper Tantrum GIF   i dont care what Birmingham think , just want Krystian back

I do believe if we can shift £50k a week off the wage bill it does make a move for Bielik more possible.  The noises about recalling him are likely bede designed to create a sale.

In there freaking dreams 10m or nrothing no deal.

Even if his logic is sound (Warne may well like a target man but he's recently inherited one he'd previously tried to buy), and even if any one or three of those wanted to play for us (can't see the first or the third happening and don't know who the second one is) are we not limited in terms of wages we can pay?

2 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I'm pretty sure Derby will look for a loan fee to cover the Arsenal payment and they'll get it if he stays fit.  1.5 million is sod all to a club with parachute payments and a top 2/playoff position in January.  Probably with another 2-3 million permanent deal if they get promoted.  If not, he comes back and we sell for 2-3 million in the summer elsewhere.  Either way, for him to be with those shithouses come January it's a fat loan fee or a 3 million plus cheque.  They'll be told to stick any old dross they want to clear off their wage bill up their arse. 

All that depends on his knees holding up of course.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm pretty sure Derby will look for a loan fee to cover the Arsenal payment and they'll get it if he stays fit.  1.5 million is sod all to a club with parachute payments and a top 2/playoff position in January.  Probably with another 2-3 million permanent deal if they get promoted.  If not, he comes back and we sell for 2-3 million in the summer elsewhere.  Either way, for him to be with those shithouses come January it's a fat loan fee or a 3 million plus cheque.  They'll be told to stick any old dross they want to clear off their wage bill up their arse. 

All that depends on his knees holding up of course.

They’ll hold up until he plays his first game back for us. It’s the Derby way.

I've never seen it previously suggested anywhere that Bielek is on £35K basic with us. Most estimates were £20K. The 25% uplift for "any" promotion also looks like fantasy, since we signed him in the Championship and if we'd been promoted to the Premier League his agent would surely not wish to have his hands tied to only a 25% uplift for promotion.

Sounds to me like they're trying to convince themselves that we'd be so desperate to get rid of him that we'd virtually give him away for what would be at least a £6M loss. As @Ghost of Cloughhas previously stated IIRC, players on contracts signed before administration are excluded from the embargo restrictions ie. not taken into account in the calculation of the wage cap, and with gate receipts far exceeding estimates used in the business plan, I doubt the wage budget is much of a consideration in deciding what to do with Bielek after the world cup.