Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

9 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

I don't think I can go quite as far as watching the Rams one week and Forest the next but fair play to your dad and his mate. Nice story. Thank you for sharing it.

My Dad was a pub landlord, so he had to be a friend to all. His first pub was in Nottingham (on the once infamous St Annes Well Road) so he learned to appreciate the problems that Gumps had - nature or nurture? It was strange being a Rams fan 'behind enemy lines' - especially in a neighbourhood described as 'tough'. I could actually walk up the road on a Saturday night, after coming back from a Derby match, decked out in black and white, and be immune from any hassle. Basically, seeing as my Dad was landlord of the most popular pub in the area, I was 'off limits' (I also used to carry an old gas rattle to the match). Besides, Nottingham folk might well have mistaken me for a Notts County fan - they are, after all, none too bright.

Then we moved to Castle Donington in the late 1960's, which is itself a strange place with an identity crisis - an airport claimed by Nottingham, situated in rural Leicestershire and having a Derby post code, and with a population profile comprising support for the three 'big' East Midlands clubs. So tolerance of others, together with a none-too-small dose of pity, is in our blood.

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

My Dad was a pub landlord, so he had to be a friend to all. His first pub was in Nottingham (on the once infamous St Annes Well Road) so he learned to appreciate the problems that Gumps had - nature or nurture? It was strange being a Rams fan 'behind enemy lines' - especially in a neighbourhood described as 'tough'. I could actually walk up the road on a Saturday night, after coming back from a Derby match, decked out in black and white, and be immune from any hassle. Basically, seeing as my Dad was landlord of the most popular pub in the area, I was 'off limits' (I also used to carry an old gas rattle to the match). Besides, Nottingham folk might well have mistaken me for a Notts County fan - they are, after all, none too bright.

Then we moved to Castle Donington in the late 1960's, which is itself a strange place with an identity crisis - an airport claimed by Nottingham, situated in rural Leicestershire and having a Derby post code, and with a population profile comprising support for the three 'big' East Midlands clubs. So tolerance of others, together with a none-too-small dose of pity, is in our blood.

This does come across in your post @Eddie ?

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Brilliant, I had a good laugh reading your post. Lovely story. My own family were a right mixed bag. My mom's side were bluenoses and my dad's side were Baggies and Aston Vanilla.

49 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Do they have any transfer strategy or is it let’s buy anyone and one might become a good signing 

That's been their policy for the last 10 years, just at a cost of 18 million a turd nowadays.  Hence the squad of 30 turds that they're having to arrange midweek friendlies for that won't flush.  Arter on 20k a week is immovable, even with the largest plunger and a gallon of Mr Muscle.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That's been their policy for the last 10 years, just at a cost of 18 million a turd nowadays.  Hence the squad of 30 turds that they're having to arrange midweek friendlies for that won't flush.  Arter on 20k a week is immovable, even with the largest plunger and a gallon of Mr Muscle.

Last season was the one season where their recruitment was smart and that's why they were promoted. It was the work of Dane Murphy who has now left the club. 

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Last season was the one season where their recruitment was smart and that's why they were promoted. It was the work of Dane Murphy who has now left the club. 

Well, they were promoted because they had Stevie Wonder as ref with Ray Charles running the line at Wembley, but sort of get your point.  ?

1 hour ago, Topram said:

I actually think it’s mental how many players they’ve signed, summer was nuts but they’ve completed carried it on,  crazy 

I think they're working on "if we sign all the players, there will be no players for anyone else" - I expect the squad to eventually reach approximately 6.7 billion people, although sone of them are only going to be cover and others are going to have to wait for their chance.

Sure they'll be signing a minibus full by the deadline.  

Gustavo Scarpa (free, £30K/wk),

Danilo (£16m, £32K/wk) 

Chris Wood (loan but circa £15m in the summer, wages £significant at a guess)

Shelvey (reportedly going to be on +£70K/wk) and I think they're also in for Filipe at Athletico Madrid. 

Happy days...