Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Never mind, as fans they'd likely have had a far more enjoyable season in the Championship next season if they'd have gone down.

Scraping 4th bottom every season at less than a point per game isn't my idea of fun.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Never mind, as fans they'd likely have had a far more enjoyable season in the Championship next season if they'd have gone down.

Scraping 4th bottom every season at less than a point per game isn't my idea of fun.

What enjoying a second consecutive relegation and their owner in Greek clink 🤞🏼😅

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

And being asked to pay even more for the privilege of doing so.

Looking at the teams above them, I can’t see them finishing any higher next season so next season will be their real test, none of the promoted teams could be any worse than current load of crap . I think even our 11 point team could have got more points 

I'd like to show how magnanimous I am, by offering my hearty congratulations to our neighbours for a second consecutive successful outcome in their bid to maintain top flight membership, and local superiority.

But unfortunately, I'm not renowned for being magnanimous, and I'm too old to change now, so feck 'em!  

RrWP3o.gif

That always seemed the most likely outcome to be fair, Forest just a bit better than the relegation fodder down there. For all the "Plucky, spirited Luton" narrative of recent months the reality is that they went down with a bit of a whimper in the end and the bottom three will all finish below 30 points even if they win next week. Luton lost 4 and drew 1 of the last 5. Burnley had 1 win in the last 6 games. They simply didn't put any real pressure on Forest at the sharp end of the season. Sheff Utd were just rubbish and are on a run of 6 straight defeats and setting some records.

Posted (edited)

Congratulations to Forest. The worst ever team to stay up.

I think we all said at the start of the season that none of the promoted clubs look capable of reaching 30 points.

You fear with Leicester’s potential points deduction, Ipswich just lacking any real quality and either West Brom or Norwich going up, next season could be similar.

You kind of hate to say it, you’d need Leeds to go up and spend.

The PL is in danger of not just having a permanent top 6-7, but also having a situation where promoted clubs can’t make a fist of it.

The so-called most exciting, competitive league in the world is in danger of being uncompetitive and predictable. 

Edited by Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Congratulations to Forest. The worst ever team to stay up.

I think we all said at the start of the season that none of the promoted clubs look capable of reaching 30 points.

You fear with Leicester’s potential points deduction, Ipswich just lacking any real quality and either West Brom or Norwich going up, next season could be similar.

You kind of hate to say it, you’d need Leeds to go up and spend.

The PL is in danger of not just having a permanent top 6-7, but also having a situation where promoted clubs can’t make a fist of it.

I don’t think they can

34 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The so-called most exciting, competitive league in the world is in danger of being uncompetitive and predictable. 

It’s almost as if coming up, spending some money, and actually having a reasonable go at it was worthwhile.. 

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Only if you're confident of three other teams not doing that.....

I think all the three teams are going to need to invest pretty heavily to have a chance

Bout thats the same with every year. I didn’t realise how big the gap actually was. And it’s getting wider

27 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

It’s almost as if coming up, spending some money, and actually having a reasonable go at it was worthwhile.. 

Especially when you only get 4 points deducted for it.

Although it didn’t stop another wave of tears from your fans and a sanctimonious statement from your club who a week before had voted for less funding for EFL clubs. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Especially when you only get 4 points deducted for it.

Although it didn’t stop another wave of tears from your fans and a sanctimonious statement from your club who a week before had voted for less funding for EFL clubs. 

Actually, in reality, I don’t think there was a real protest from our fans. 

Most, including myself, concluded we actually got off pretty lightly.

There certainly wasn’t the waves of protests like another midlands team who got docked points for being creative with the rules. 

Edited by Red_Dawn

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Relative ease??? They could still survive based purely on goal difference which would be by the skin of their teeth!

And just think, it could be the two points they got back for cooperating that saves them. Which I’m still annoyed that they didn’t get taken off them for a pointless appeal.