Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Just now, BathRam72 said:

Agreed, let's just hope we are going in the opposite direction when they do come down. Bragging rights and all that.

It’s just a cycle. For clubs around the size of Derby & Forest, there’s probably another 10 in this country. 15 years ago we were in exact opposite situations, things change pretty quickly. For all but the last 3 or so years, we’ve been comfortably better than them for about 2 decades. It’s their turn at the moment, but things will flip again at some point.

45 minutes ago, alram said:

i am not sure what YOU find so hard to understand? The £40 is SUPPOSED to be set aside for the tax man when the bill is due to be paid.

If you spend that money you cant pay the tax man, we couldnt pay the tax man, and kept using the money set aside to run the club - thus increasing the tax bill to an unsustainable amount that we could not pay.

so out of the 72 clubs, 2 didnt accept it, one of them was us with the most unsustainable tax bill of the lot. hmmmm, yes....

no idea why you continue to defend what he did, must be stockholm syndrome or your his grand son

Mel didn’t reject the Covid money , we along with others under restrictions were not allowed to apply for it. 
For all Mel’s sins this was not one of them and caused us major problems. 

4 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Mel didn’t reject the Covid money , we along with others under restrictions were not allowed to apply for it. 
For all Mel’s sins this was not one of them and caused us major problems. 

fair enough then - count me corrected on that point

Ah f*** it!

In light of today's news, I'm calling a hate truce!
Just a short one, mind, and yes, of course it will soon return... but the teeny weeny bit of decency buried deep within this gut of mine urges me to show some respect, even to the gumps, when it's warranted... and today it is warranted.

Today is not a day to deny jealousy.
Today is not a day to refute the beauty of that oh so special trophy.
Today is not a day to gloat.

RIP, sir.
xxx

importedImage31046_header

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ah f*** it!

In light of today's news, I'm calling a hate truce!
Just a short one, mind, and yes, of course it will soon return... but the teeny weeny bit of decency buried deep within this gut of mine urges me to show some respect, even to the gumps, when it's warranted... and today it is warranted.

Today is not a day to deny jealousy.
Today is not a day to refute the beauty of that oh so special trophy.
Today is not a day to gloat.

RIP, sir.
xxx

importedImage31046_header

https://youtu.be/_puTabcb8Ik

YouTube won’t let me embed it. That sucks. But anyway, worth a click. Trevor’s winning goal. 

(still reckon I could score against Malmo though). 

Edited by TigerTedd

9 hours ago, alram said:

i am not sure what YOU find so hard to understand? The £40 is SUPPOSED to be set aside for the tax man when the bill is due to be paid.

If you spend that money you cant pay the tax man, we couldnt pay the tax man, and kept using the money set aside to run the club - thus increasing the tax bill to an unsustainable amount that we could not pay.

so out of the 72 clubs, 2 didnt accept it, one of them was us with the most unsustainable tax bill of the lot. hmmmm, yes....

no idea why you continue to defend what he did, must be stockholm syndrome or your his grand son

I'm not finding anything hard to understand, I'm just telling you facts.

If someone is paid £100 per week and you calculate after deductions that they are due £60 and you then pay them that, it doesn't mean you have £40 in your pocket 😂

In our case, where we had no income it just meant we borrowed £60 to pay the players, rather than borrow £100 to pay the players and HMRC.

I'm afraid I can't make the explanation any more simple than that, so if you still cant understand I'll have to leave it there I'm afraid. 

As for not accepting the EFL loan, once again I'd suggest you're incorrect. The EFL set conditions that they knew we could not meet and it was therefore said that we did not apply for it, although from memory that was disputed by MM.

Once again I'm not defending MM, I'm just pointing out that your assertion that we were withholding PAYE payments and spending it on players would appear to be wrong with all of the evidence available in the public domain. 

20 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not finding anything hard to understand, I'm just telling you facts.

If someone is paid £100 per week and you calculate after deductions that they are due £60 and you then pay them that, it doesn't mean you have £40 in your pocket 😂

In our case, where we had no income it just meant we borrowed £60 to pay the players, rather than borrow £100 to pay the players and HMRC.

I'm afraid I can't make the explanation any more simple than that, so if you still cant understand I'll have to leave it there I'm afraid. 

As for not accepting the EFL loan, once again I'd suggest you're incorrect. The EFL set conditions that they knew we could not meet and it was therefore said that we did not apply for it, although from memory that was disputed by MM.

Once again I'm not defending MM, I'm just pointing out that your assertion that we were withholding PAYE payments and spending it on players would appear to be wrong with all of the evidence available in the public domain. 

why do you keep repeating the exact same argument?

i know full well how it works.  

somebody is earns £100 a week, you pay them £60 and set aside £40 for the tax man. key word SET ASIDE, it's still in your possession and you can do with it as you please if you decide not to pay the tax man which is what he did. 

now if you could provide a different argument to prove your wrong point i would be happy,, and by the way you are defending MM. our tax bill was way higher than what is realistic BECAUSE he was not paying it off at the end of the financial year like every other football club

On 24/07/2023 at 04:00, Kernow said:

I think the nature of the PL is such a way that at some point every side besides 6 will get relegated at some point. Even Leicester who won the league, the FA Cup and enjoyed a few years of European football couldn’t avoid it.

We’d be the same if we ever got back there, just have to enjoy it whilst you’re there.

There should be 3 worse teams than Forest this year, but like all the others, relegation is inevitable at some point.

I think Newcastle will be added to that list. On potential resources, plus the London factor, only way West Ham should be in danger is through dire recruitment + a woeful manager. They should have no excuses.

Everyone else is a ticking bomb.

I’d love for us to emulate those couple of seasons Swansea had. Winning a cup, top 10 finish and a European run which included beating Valencia away. Amazing.

2 hours ago, alram said:

why do you keep repeating the exact same argument?

i know full well how it works.  

somebody is earns £100 a week, you pay them £60 and set aside £40 for the tax man. key word SET ASIDE, it's still in your possession and you can do with it as you please if you decide not to pay the tax man which is what he did. 

now if you could provide a different argument to prove your wrong point i would be happy,, and by the way you are defending MM. our tax bill was way higher than what is realistic BECAUSE he was not paying it off at the end of the financial year like every other football club

I'm repeating the argument because for some unknown reason you are finding it hard to understand.

If you have no income then there is no money to set aside, you are purely borrowing the £60 to pay the employee. There is no £40 it is just a paper figure that is owed to the tax man.

And if you think a PAYE bill is paid off at the end of each financial then you have just proven that you have absolutely zero idea of what you are actually arguing about.

FWIW I think MM is a scumbag for what he did to my club. However, what he was not doing is deducting money from people's wages and then going out spending the cash on players.

From memory, when we went into administration the PAYE bill was circa £22m, which is what the deductions would be roughly over 1 year on a £40m plus wage bill, which also happened to be the year with no income. So unless you've got evidence to back up your claim it was ran up over several years I'd suggest you just admit that you have no idea.

Edited by G STAR RAM

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm repeating the argument because for some unknown reason you are finding it hard to understand.

If you have no income then there is no money to set aside, you are purely borrowing the £60 to pay the employee. There is no £40 it is just a paper figure that is owed to the tax man.

And if you think a PAYE bill is paid off at the end of each financial then you have just proven that you have absolutely zero idea of what you are actually arguing about.

To be fair, if knowing what you were talking about was a prerequisite of being a member of this forum, then you would have to shut the site down.

£15m spent on Elanga, imagine that's largely wasted money. You'd think they'd be looking at signings that would make a difference more so than boosting an already over-inflated squad.

Another season of flirting with relegation is definitely on the cards - impossible to call relegation spots as its anyone from about 10 teams. Will all depend on luck and if they can put a run together. I can't see many of the teams outside the elite that have actually improved, most have actually lost key players or at best remain decidely mediocre.

13 minutes ago, Rample said:

£15m spent on Elanga, imagine that's largely wasted money. You'd think they'd be looking at signings that would make a difference more so than boosting an already over-inflated squad.

Another season of flirting with relegation is definitely on the cards - impossible to call relegation spots as its anyone from about 10 teams. Will all depend on luck and if they can put a run together. I can't see many of the teams outside the elite that have actually improved, most have actually lost key players or at best remain decidely mediocre.

Only one spot to play for this year as Sheff Utd and Luton will be lucky to get 30 points between them.     

46 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Only one spot to play for this year as Sheff Utd and Luton will be lucky to get 30 points between them.     

Be nice if one only obtained 10. 

If we can lose that record and gain 104 points to take the league one points record I'd be very happy.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

I think they need him as Johnson is fed up of the other players taking the piss out of his small package and wants to more to the bigger club Brentford.

56 minutes ago, Rample said:

Be nice if one only obtained 10. 

If we can lose that record and gain 104 points to take the league one points record I'd be very happy.

I feel the 104 points is more likely.  Let not forget these though.  There's been worse

Loughbrough 

In 1900 the club finished bottom of the League, conceding 100 goals in 34 games, winning only a single game and collecting only 8 points 

Doncaster

1905  8 points.  None away from home

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Every year people make these sort of predictions and nobody has even got close to the 11 points.

There's a whole load of bang average teams down the bottom and if either of Sheff Utd or Luton make use of home advantage they could quite easily stay up as Forest showed last season.

Had a little smile to myself this morning about seeing Percy’s article this morning about Cooper pulling off another miracle this season after spending £200 million last season. Was going to post it but decided it wasn’t worthwhile.

This came up a bit later though on my feed which I thought was somewhat interesting. When you think of it neither come across in the best light

another reply below from the other guy but losing so don’t think it’ll embed in time but the quote is :

I see the paranoia of the club from years ago is still around then.

But everyone knows how you operate in the industry.

@GazBraz is well within his rights to sue for libellous but he is too classy for that so you can keep your little stoogy relationship with people at #nffc”

Edited by TuffLuff