Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Is this part of the government's help with the cost of living schemes?

"Are you elegable for a contract as a professional footballer for notts forest? Find out if you can help with you bills by entering you name, address and salery demands in our new website portal and a tweet of you holding a forest shirt stood next to Steve Cooper could be only minutes away. In a small percentage of cases, there will be some expecation of playing football for notts forest, however, if you have an ethical objection, you are not automatically disquallified from the scheme."

9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

The white flag bit is the bit that annoys me more than anything - it costs a lot of money to go there and get in to support the team then no attempts to win the games over 180 minutes - appalling in my eyes and taking complete advantage 

They only went to see United anyway. They’re just happy to be in the premier league for a season and watch some decent teams for once.

1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

Ooops, although it looks like a Blackburn foul up. Be interesting to see which 25 names they pull out of the hat for the squad.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-transfers-obrien-blackburn-8105840

Happened to more than one of their players
https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2023/02/02/report-anderlecht-go-to-fifa-over-move-for-forest-man-harry-toffolo/

I think they have a serious problem. I think Ayew is a decent player, but they already have better players in abundance - it’s like they’ve got an addiction to signing players.

In the history of the Premier League, no promoted team has been backed by their chairman more than Forest so you can’t knock him for that, consider their business and approach to the likes of Norwich, Burnley, Sheff Utd and Huddersfield. It’s good to see a team put their knackers on the line, but it’s a shame it’s Forest. 

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think they have a serious problem. I think Ayew is a decent player, but they already have better players in abundance - it’s like they’ve got an addiction to signing players.

In the history of the Premier League, no promoted team has been backed by their chairman more than Forest so you can’t knock him for that, consider their business and approach to the likes of Norwich, Burnley, Sheff Utd and Huddersfield. It’s good to see a team put their knackers on the line, but it’s a shame it’s Forest. 

they seem to have kicked those at the bottom into a panic as well. They are like oh crap we actually have to spend to keep up. don’t think I have ever seen a premiership season like it. most teams in the bottom 8 have spent over £100m

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Agree. Forest have gone all out spend whatever it takes, to stay in the Premiership. It’s high risk both in terms of the money spent and team harmony. So many players, by any logic, must be hard to keep happy and engaged. Some will have come for money and not care, others will breed discontent if not picked. Park that though, they ought to have enough to not just stay up but be competitive, at least to mid table status.

What Derby or any football fan, wouldn’t take that if it was roles reversed?. It’ll be fun if they blow up, but they’re doing better than many of us thought they would. Just looked at their fixtures, after Leeds, they have quite a tough run to the end of March, with only Everton at home, what could be considered an easy fixture. If they pick up points in those 2 home games and at Fulham and West Ham away, they will be sitting even prettier than they are now though and the Fat Greeks gamble will have paid off.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Agree. Forest have gone all out spend whatever it takes, to stay in the Premiership. It’s high risk both in terms of the money spent and team harmony. So many players, by any logic, must be hard to keep happy and engaged. Some will have come for money and not care, others will breed discontent if not picked. Park that though, they ought to have enough to not just stay up but be competitive, at least to mid table status.

What Derby or any football fan, wouldn’t take that if it was roles reversed?. It’ll be fun if they blow up, but they’re doing better than many of us thought they would. Just looked at their fixtures, after Leeds, they have quite a tough run to the end of March, with only Everton at home, what could be considered an easy fixture. If they pick up points in those 2 home games and at Fulham and West Ham away, they will be sitting even prettier than they are now though and the Fat Greeks gamble will have paid off.

The gumps will pretend they love it and tbf their younger fans will think its brilliant. Older lot will be gutted that its turned out like this, unexpected promotion with a half decent manager but then the whole club put at risk by a megalomaniac owner who will end up turning it all into a circus by having a bigger playing squad than the cast of Ben Hur.

If they close the Olympiakos loophole they would be in trouble.

But would it surprise anyone if four or five make the move to Olympiakos in the summer, a few others leave on a free while a few others are sold back to the Championship.

They have a huge get out of jail card.

The novelty will quickly wear off though. Credit where it’s due, they appear on course to stay up.

But just like Stoke, West Brom, Swansea, Bolton and Blackburn, they will find their level again in the lower tiers.

Does it matter if Forest stay up? They'll receive more PL largesse, yes, but they already appear to have spent heavily on fees, wages & several players 30+ in age with no resale value. Their famed Academy may suffer as the pathway to the first team gets harder with so many established professionals ahead of them. If Lewis O'Brien can get binned after a few months, what hope is there for a young Academy prospect? This may present an opportunity for us to attract them instead, knowing they may get an opportunity at Pride Park especially if we can eventually get back to the second tier.

I agree with the poster who remarks how the euphoria of promotion has turned into a bit of circus. I made the obvious suggestion that they ought to have signed the on-loan players they helped get them promoted, though they have all had a mixed bag of a season, Keinan Davis, Garner (injured) & Spence sent on loan. But they would have been signings that could have been assets &, in a worse case scenario, Forest would have become a yo-yo club but one that hasn't mortgaged itself.

But, seriously, this is not sustainable at the level they are spending for a club of its size (contrast with Brighton). Watching it unfold, is like watching an exaggerated version of ourselves under Mel Morris.

I genuinely think they are heading towards a similar financial crisis down the line. It's not that I wish it, it's just neither of us - and gamblers like me - learn from our mistakes, the cycle of boom & bust, and we've been through it in the mid 80s, the LoG in 2006 after the Three Amigos, Mel Morris. Forest were saved from implosion by the generosity of the Doughty family waiving £75m of debt after Nigel Doughty's passing. Al-Hasawi ran the club in a bizarre manner, leaving them open to sanctions under FFP.

Like us with Mel - He can do what he wants, the Marinakis love-in may ultimately turn sour.

Edited by Asanovic70

7 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

I do think with all these signings, there's a good chance of somebody with a pair of boots turning up at a training pitch and everybody thinking he is just another member of the squad.

Dennis Pennis could turn up and get a game.

Darren Bent did this back in 2017.  Turned out he had an option for 1.5 million in wages for another year at the club triggered by a sub appearance.  Plonked his bum down for 7 months with a hamstring injury then went to Burton. Don't know where all this started going wrong.