Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

15 hours ago, Augustus said:

800k for compo for Warne. I hope Rotherham asked for it all in one go or they'll never see it. How much do you still owe for Bielik or Joswiak? Not to mention all those local businesses you sent under by going into administration....

That's probably about the same as Lingard paid for all of his jailhouse tats

On 22/09/2022 at 18:33, Unlucky Alf said:

Yep, How to pay off this huge debt, You've pi$$ed your TV money on 22 players, Then there's the wages, You've borrowed £100million from BVI at a high interest rate against leese holds you have, The Tik Tok who was going to get you a place in Europe will be loking for a new contract elsewhere in January as the bench he's warming is giving him splinters.

You could arrange a Fire Sale, I know someone who can help you out there giphy.gif 

It's been done.

24 August 1968, Forest 'suffered' a fire in their main stand which caused the abandonment of their league fixture that day against the Dirties.

Fittingly, the Number 1 single the previous week was "Fire" by Crazy World Of Arthur Brown.

Equally fittingly, the Number 1 single on the actual date of the fire was "Mony Mony" by Tommy James and the Shondells, which fits both Forest's profligate spending in 2022 and the spelling ability of the average gump.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's been done.

24 August 1968, Forest 'suffered' a fire in their main stand which caused the abandonment of their league fixture that day against the Dirties.

We missed a trick when it was rebuilt. That would've been a brilliant time to sell it to our chairman for £80m...

45 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

It's been rebuilt???

WOW! Who'd have guessed?

Main stand is looking tired nowadays no doubt and it's redevelopment cant come quick enough. Give me that though and what we have around the other 3 sides over an identikit ground every day of the week. I know deep down you all agree as well and would much prefer to be playing at the Baseball Ground...

Take away the lettering across the seats and the colour and you'd find it difficult to identify Pride Park, it could quite easily be the Madejski, King Power, Keepmoat etc...

The City Ground is unique for all its flaws and we've had chances over the years to move and once again, unlike Derby, decided to keep our character and our identity instead of selling out. I can see a pattern emerging...

Edited by Augustus

52 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Main stand is looking tired nowadays no doubt and it's redevelopment cant come quick enough. Give me that though and what we have around the other 3 sides over an identikit ground every day of the week. I know deep down you all agree as well and would much prefer to be playing at the Baseball Ground...

Take away the lettering across the seats and the colour and you'd find it difficult to identify Pride Park, it could quite easily be the Madejski, King Power, Keepmoat etc...

The City Ground is unique for all its flaws and we've had chances over the years to move and once again, unlike Derby, decided to keep our character and our identity instead of selling out. I can see a pattern emerging...

sigh.gif.5c3ec2867dcd99282f531b9bd46ab54f.gif

Has Augustus Gloop finished yet? Sheesh.

Booooooooring.

Edited by IslandExile

2 hours ago, Augustus said:

That's absolute rowlocks and you know it.

The city ground has about as much character as a decaying teddy bear at a child's graveside. 

10 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's absolute rowlocks and you know it.

The city ground has about as much character as a decaying teddy bear at a child's graveside. 

All that's missing from our ground now is novelty masks.

spacer.png

Toyota and Bombardier must hand them out with every ticket they give away. I've been saying it for years, we've got the location, the history, the loyal support etc but we're just missing those masks. Scary stuff

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

spacer.png

Toyota and Bombardier must hand them out with every ticket they give away. I've been saying it for years, we've got the location, the history, the loyal support etc but we're just missing those masks. Scary stuff

I seem to remember a Fawaz day , must look that up 

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Do we still give out tickets with every mobile phone sold in the world too?

Yes but the one condition is that you go dressed as a black seat, as it helps dodge the taxman.

I saw loads taking up the offer in your highlights the other week....?

18 minutes ago, GenBr said:

There you go. You got your super cringe masks after all.

Screenshot_20220925-091917_Chrome.thumb.jpg.722457abc3f05ae050f845f60e7fdc4f.jpg

To be fair though Zamora is a genuine club legend. Anyone who can make Richard Keogh cry is alright by me. 

On the pitch I mean, not in the back of a Range Rover.

Edited by Augustus

On 21/09/2022 at 21:41, Augustus said:

Marinakis is trigger-happy in Greece where the footballing culture is different, particularly at the top club. But at Forest you could argue he gave Lamouchi and definitely Hughton too much time...

On 22/09/2022 at 13:15, Augustus said:

Only because you couldn't afford to.

On 22/09/2022 at 13:18, Augustus said:

From the outside it makes no sense. Surely the signings you've made were all with a certain style of play in mind and now you're ripping all that up for direct, shithousery which may or may not work.

I could get it if you were lingering in the bottom half but you're a couple of goals from being in the play offs. Odd decision.

On 22/09/2022 at 13:46, Augustus said:

But the signings you actually made like Mcgoldrick and Horihane are not suited to Warnes style? Yeah I get it you needed bodies and fast but the ones you actually signed were done with a style of play in mind surely?

On 22/09/2022 at 13:53, Augustus said:

I personally would give Cooper the whole season. If we go down he's the best man to take us up...

Whether the big man feels the same is another matter. He became owner of Forest because of our potential as a Premier League club and understandably will be desperate to stay up and then build.

Luckily compared to the Fawaz years or even the first few years of Marinakis we're now infinitely better run with a genuine structure and strategy behind the scenes so I would say that whatever decision is made it won't be knee jerk or impulsive, there will be a plan in place behind it.

On 24/09/2022 at 02:41, Augustus said:

800k for compo for Warne. I hope Rotherham asked for it all in one go or they'll never see it. How much do you still owe for Bielik or Joswiak? Not to mention all those local businesses you sent under by going into administration....

23 hours ago, Augustus said:

Well, that or working shifts. Can never remember which. I appreciate your concern though, as well as the rant ?

You're right on one though, 800k is nothing to us, we spend double that and more on u23 development players nowadays. It's an absolute fortune to you though...not that you'll ever pay it all of course. Why bother paying bills when you can just go into admin and start afresh?

18 hours ago, Augustus said:

Things were bad under Fawaz and in parts of the Doughty era and we properly struggled financially. Had embargos, limited ourselves to loans and frees. Had to sell the family silver each summer with Matty Cash, Burke, Brereton, Lascelles/Darlington, Bamford, Appiah and loads of others. All because we did things properly. We messed up on transfers and failed promotion attempts so we paid the penalty by selling talent and not spending for a while.

We paid our debts and can be proud that we never mugged all of our stakeholders off and never went into administration. Cowards way out.

15 hours ago, Augustus said:

We missed a trick when it was rebuilt. That would've been a brilliant time to sell it to our chairman for £80m...

14 hours ago, Augustus said:

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Yes but the one condition is that you go dressed as a black seat, as it helps dodge the taxman.

I saw loads taking up the offer in your highlights the other week....?

30 minutes ago, Augustus said:

To be fair though Zamora is a genuine club legend. Anyone who can make Richard Keogh cry is alright by me. 

On the pitch I mean, not in the back of a Range Rover.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bhvdj2rixgo0xb2gaytu

Edited by Mucker1884

14 hours ago, Augustus said:

I did wonder why those Reading, Leicester and Doncaster fans kept turning up in Derby ?

The City ground is unique you can't fill it, Tell us what character and identity you have, I'll tell you, Those characters will soon bail out, And as for identity, Those red shirts have now been put away out of sight. 

The only reason Forest haven't moved from the City Ground is that all of the previous proposals (and there's been more of those than they've got points this season) were rejected as unviable. Expansion of the Augean Stables by the Trent is probably the best solution for them in truth (because they'd never have filled a 40,000+ stadium) it's just a pity that, unlike Heracles, they can't divert the river through it to clean all the B.S out of it.