Average home attendance next year

FindernRam

Average home attendance next year  

160 members have voted

1. 1. With all the fevered discussion of financial viability and our ability to sign or keep players, which largely depends on our income , what do you expect our normal home attendance to be be next year

• 9-12 thousand
    • 12-15 thousand
    • 15-18 thousand
    • 18-21 thousand
    • over 21 thousand

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/22 at 11:10

People are going to be hit hard in their pockets for the next few years and the lure of League One football won’t be appealing to some, especially if we look like having a prolonged spell down there.  
Forming what is essentially a new team during the summer and expecting it to gel quickly is asking a lot. 
Attendances may well dip as the season progresses if we aren’t performing.

1 hour ago, cstand said:

Bearing in mind the away support will be less this season any average above 18,000 will be very good in my opinion.

Given we gave a max away allocation of just over 3000 to clubs last season, I doubt our average will drop by 4000 due to potentially fewer away fans coming.

Assuming we start the season with a new owner in place. Also assuming we start on a level playing field, no points deduction and able to sign players. I expect @22-23 k home gates. As long as any new ownership doesn’t try to recoup their investment by fleecing the fans at the turnstiles 

I reckon it'll be completely dependent on results. If the season looks like being a party in League 1, where we fill every away end look like romping to instant promotion, we'll probably have higher attendances than this season.

However, if we look like mid-table plodders, as soon as September ends our crowds will start to dissipate. 

Really, to me, this thread is a proxy for how well Rooney and Kirchner perform.

I reckon the business plan will stop us being properly competitive so we'll be bouncing around between 6th and 10th. In that case, we'll average 20k.

11 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I reckon it'll be completely dependent on results. If the season looks like being a party in League 1, where we fill every away end look like romping to instant promotion, we'll probably have higher attendances than this season.

However, if we look like mid-table plodders, as soon as September ends our crowds will start to dissipate. 

Really, to me, this thread is a proxy for how well Rooney and Kirchner perform.

I reckon the business plan will stop us being properly competitive so we'll be bouncing around between 6th and 10th. In that case, we'll average 20k.

Absolutely the case so it be a sell out every week! Championship here we come 

I'd be surprised if it dips under the 20k mark. Remember we got relegated by a points deduction, not because the team was crap. We actually played some pretty decent stuff at Pride Park this season. There isn't the doom and gloom around the club you'd expect with a relegation in normal circumstances. I think this will be a factor. Get the takeover over the line and bring some players in we are going into the new season with a lot of positivity especially after everything that has happened. It's a fresh start. Derby is a very well supported club and this shouldn't change no matter what division we are in.

33 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I'd be surprised if it dips under the 20k mark. Remember we got relegated by a points deduction, not because the team was crap. We actually played some pretty decent stuff at Pride Park this season. There isn't the doom and gloom around the club you'd expect with a relegation in normal circumstances. I think this will be a factor. Get the takeover over the line and bring some players in we are going into the new season with a lot of positivity especially after everything that has happened. It's a fresh start. Derby is a very well supported club and this shouldn't change no matter what division we are in.

Wendies averaged about 22.5k last season after being relegated to League 1....same boat as us though their points deduction was a lot smaller than ours....they finished 4th not sure how much of an inflation the attendances would have shown against if they were mid table obscurity or even battling relegation again 

Edited by Tyler Durden

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Wendies averaged about 22.5k last season after being relegated to League 1....same boat as us though their points deduction was a lot smaller than ours....they finished 4th not sure how much of an inflation the attendances would have shown against if they were mid table obscurity or even battling relegation again 

Pretty much what there were getting in the Championship excluding their playoff season.

14 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Given we gave a max away allocation of just over 3000 to clubs last season, I doubt our average will drop by 4000 due to potentially fewer away fans coming.

Be interesting to know what the average away following was at Pride Park last season, and how many times the away end sold out.

As others have suggested elsewhere, an away trip to Derby in League One, especially if we are near the top 6, will be a big pull for away fans of clubs we haven't played, or not played for a while.

Also need the fixture list to be kind, local teams travelling to us midweek, long distance teams on a Saturday at 3pm ?