Who is in the running to buy Pride Park?

Carl Sagan

Who do you think is buying the ground?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, GlastoEls said:

I suppose the only direct speech/quote is:

"Managing Director Ian Dickinson said: “I haven’t heard anything about it and have no idea what you’re talking about. Things get spread online that sometimes aren’t true.”"

So the DT never quoted the exact denial.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I suppose the only direct speech/quote is:

"Managing Director Ian Dickinson said: “I haven’t heard anything about it and have no idea what you’re talking about. Things get spread online that sometimes aren’t true.”"

So the DT never quoted the exact denial.

Exactly. One guy admittedly the Md of Mr Clowes main Company said he didn’t know anything about it. Hardly a denial . 

I've been hearing quite a lot that "This Kirchner bloke obviously hasn't got the money if he can't afford the stadium".

Well, hmm. We certainly don't know about his finances.

But...what exactly are we talking about here? CK owning the stadium himself? Have we not learned that this is a huge conflict of interest?

If we mean "why hasn't he bought us a stadium and gifted it to the club?", I'd have thought thats pretty obvious. Do we need to own a stadium when we've got sky-high debts as it is and we've got a long road ahead to rebuild our financial situation?

The bottom line is that we have someone willing to take on the debts, willing to pay to get contracts in front of players, and can source us somewhere to play. CK provides all 3, in his own roundabout way. That's all that matters.

Edited by Tombo

There are pro’s and con’s with owning the stadium. It’s great to have a ground that you club can play in and can call it home. The downside is it needs maintenance and seating repairing after Brum have been. That’s when this cheap pepper corn stuff doesn’t work because basic running costs have to be me. 
A bit of advice would be to turn the heaters off in the bogs especially in the summer. May be have them on thermostats they were not necessary against Cardiff but they were on in the West Stand.

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

There are pro’s and con’s with owning the stadium. It’s great to have a ground that you club can play in and can call it home. The downside is it needs maintenance and seating repairing after Brum have been. That’s when this cheap pepper corn stuff doesn’t work because basic running costs have to be me. 
A bit of advice would be to turn the heaters off in the bogs especially in the summer. May be have them on thermostats they were not necessary against Cardiff but they were on in the West Stand.

Heaters in the bogs?

36 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Don’t you have them in other parts of the ground?

Concourse heating is a waste of money, I'm amazed no one pointed it out before they were installed, or maybe they did and were ignored.

In the depths of winter, you're dressed to be outdoors for the 90 minutes regardless, why on earth spend money heating somewhere just for half time and a brief period before the game? 

Just as a business proposition, if hypothetically you bought a football stadium for £20m and charged £1m a year in rent that's a decent rental income. 

Despite current higher inflation, the banks are still only paying around 1% interest, so a 5% return is a decent income stream on that amount of investment.

Add to the mix, utilising the ground for music gigs or other events, that return could increase even more.

As a property investment it's a good stand alone venture. If, as reported, the investors are local, facilitating the survival of our club, alongside a community-minded good PR venture, whilst taking a decent return makes a lot of sense.

Add into the mix, if we recover to being promoted to the Championship, or God forbid the Premier League, those rental fees will increase.

In summary, a sound property investment for any business, with only upside.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Concourse heating is a waste of money, I'm amazed no one pointed it out before they were installed, or maybe they did and were ignored.

In the depths of winter, you're dressed to be outdoors for the 90 minutes regardless, why on earth spend money heating somewhere just for half time and a brief period before the game? 

Have tried working in concouses staff that do are frozen In the winter they need some kind of heat.

50 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Have tried working in concouses staff that do are frozen In the winter they need some kind of heat.

Wear a coat, and move quicker, everyone's a winner.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Most work in the kitchen areas with the chip pans and ovens. They have fleeces on too.

39 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Most work in the kitchen areas with the chip pans and ovens. They have fleeces on too.

They do all that I can see how cold they get they can barely keep a limb still and I have seen were some of hands shaking like mad.