Season Tickets 2022-23

WystonRam

Oh dear……the headline makes it sound like a club initiative!

“RamsTrust did not respond to Telegraph Sport’s request for comment.”

…………….I’m not surprised!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/07/21/derby-county-fans-told-use-42-per-cent-interest-loan-pay-season/

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Because they’re pals with the lenders. See my previous message in this thread. 

I'm stunned by the DCB credit union's APR tbh.

I assumed that with stuff like "credit unions are owned by the people who use their services, and not by external shareholders or investors. So the emphasis is always on providing the best service to members – not maximising profits" it meant a 'low' rate. 

But in this case (and looking at other credit union apr's) you have to wonder who is benefitting here.

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm stunned by the DCB credit union's APR tbh.

I assumed that with stuff like "credit unions are owned by the people who use their services, and not by external shareholders or investors. So the emphasis is always on providing the best service to members – not maximising profits" it meant a 'low' rate. 

But in this case (and looking at other credit union apr's) you have to wonder who is benefitting here.

I have to wonder how are they any different than any other financial institution profiting from the vulnerables' hardship and desperation?

Credit unions are supposed to be more ethical ways of lending money rather than big financial institutions or sleazy pay day loan lenders who are nothing but financial parasites. I'm surprised at the high levels of APR they're charging tbh but I've had similar issues with 'housing coops' which from my experience charge an absolute fortune and build in additional rules than simple landlords. 

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

What’s really annoying is the way Rams Trust speak as a fans voice, this put down by D.C shows them to be more self interested in their voice, than what’s right for a large majority of fans.

43 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

I have to wonder how are they any different than any other financial institution profiting from the vulnerables' hardship and desperation?

Every legal loan organisation will operate within the laws, It's how those loan companies get to the customer, Ramstrust are clearly promoting this loan, And people will apply as they could falsely believe they are connected to the club...which they are not...I love the smile on the blonde lady on the left of the picture it looks like she's scored...would this be E.D. by any chance?