Joe McClaren leaves Head of Recruitment role

Stuniverse

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m devastated. He did such a good job. Nick Blackman and Florian Josefzoon were incredible finds.

Blackman, Anya, Johnson, Butterfield wasn't on him.

He was appointed during Mac Mk2

Josefzoon was on his watch

Edited by sage

23 minutes ago, roboto said:

We haven't been able to recruit for a year, so what was the point in having him here during that time?

Judging by the amount of money weve spaffed on some real crap its a longer than a year 

bring back the much maligned but under rated simon clough 

Edited by NottsRam77

Having listened to the McClaren podcast, where Joe guested, I have a lot of sympathy for him, that he'd find players and recommend them, and then see them go elsewhere. He had a plan to bring in up-and-coming Dutch players to eventually sell on, but that never happened, especially with the manager being changed every season, mid-season, or before they got to double figures.

1 minute ago, Macintosh said:

Having listened to the McClaren podcast, where Joe guested, I have a lot of sympathy for him, that he'd find players and recommend them, and then see them go elsewhere. He had a plan to bring in up-and-coming Dutch players to eventually sell on, but that never happened, especially with the manager being changed every season, mid-season, or before they got to double figures.

Did he mention any players he recommended that we missed out on?

42 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Criticising the expensive duffers we signed is easy, but wasn't he also in some way responsible for some of the excellent academy recruitment we've done over the last 5 years or so?

I think the academy recruitment team was an entirely separate department. Ironically, wasn’t Mels son involved in that, or have I made that up?

40 minutes ago, sage said:

Blackman, Anya, Johnson, Butterfield wasn't on him.

He was appointed during Mac Mk2

Josefzoon was on his watch

Signings when he was senior scout: 
Jan 2014 - Roos, Bamford, Naylor
14/15 - Thorne, Christie, Whitbread, Mascarell, Ibe, Butland, Albentosa, Shotton, Best, Bent, Ince, Lingard, Warnock

Signings when he was head of recruitment: 
Mac II onwards

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Signings when he was senior scout: 
Jan 2014 - Roos, Bamford, Naylor
14/15 - Thorne, Christie, Whitbread, Mascarell, Ibe, Butland, Albentosa, Shotton, Best, Bent, Ince, Lingard, Warnock

Signings when he was head of recruitment: 
Mac II onwards

That is a decent record as senior scout to be fair., especially the loans.

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I think the academy recruitment team was an entirely separate department. Ironically, wasn’t Mels son involved in that, or have I made that up?

Mels son was head of emerging talent for a few years and then head of technical scouting.

Think the whole department needs rebuilding from the ground up to be honest. Nothing against either Joe or Harry and i'm sure they must be competent at their jobs, but i'd rather not have the recruitment team packed with family members of the old regime.