Matchday Thread v Cardiff (Home) Sat 7th May 12:30...

Mucker1884

That's right... 12:30 Kick Off.

Having started my matchday thread career with a 1-0 defeat in the reverse of this fixture a couple of months ago, it'll be great to end the season with a two game winning streak, so do me proud, you big beautiful Rams, as you did so majestically at Blackpool! ?

Big day all round, for this one...
A not-so-fond-farewell to the Championship... close on 30k in the stadium... Quite possibly jumping around, despite going down... and sombreros galore, as we rightfully pay homage to the Div. 1 Champions of 1971/72... now 5 decades on, but never to be forgotten.  
Those particular heroes will of course be parading on the pitch, and we owe it to them, and the club, to arrive extra early.  This is not a time for apathy.  These Guys ARE Derby County History!  Let's be there for them, as they were for us!

Make it loud.  Make it proud.  Make it memorable... and then repeat for our present day heroes.  Two celebrations in one?  What a club! ?
May The Championship weep in our absence!  

Oh yeah... something, something football too... something team selection, something tic-tacs, something, something whatever, etc, etc.

??

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's right... 12:30 Kick Off.

Having started my matchday thread career with a 1-0 defeat in the reverse of this fixture a couple of months ago, it'll be great to end the season with a two game winning streak, so do me proud, you big beautiful Rams, as you did so majestically at Blackpool! ?

Big day all round, for this one...
A not-so-fond-farewell to the Championship... close on 30k in the stadium... Quite possibly jumping around, despite going down... and sombreros galore, as we rightfully pay homage to the Div. 1 Champions of 1971/72... now 5 decades on, but never to be forgotten.  
Those particular heroes will of course be parading on the pitch, and we owe it to them, and the club, to arrive extra early.  This is not a time for apathy.  These Guys ARE Derby County History!  Let's be there for them, as they were for us!

Make it loud.  Make it proud.  Make it memorable... and then repeat for our present day heroes.  Two celebrations in one?  What a club! ?
May The Championship weep in our absence!  

Oh yeah... something, something football too... something team selection, something tic-tacs, something, something whatever, etc, etc.

??

The £££ runs out today. Let's hope CK arrives at PP with a holdall full of wonga. And not those silly Bitcoins neither ?. Full-house, sombreros flying through the air when we score... 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Those particular heroes will of course be parading on the pitch, and we owe it to them, and the club, to arrive extra early.

I will drag, kicking and screaming, The Uttox massif out of the pub early to make sure they pay homage to my boyhood heroes. They'll moan like buggery about having one less pint but we are stopping in town after so I'm sure they'll make up for it.

20 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I will drag, kicking and screaming, The Uttox massif out of the pub early to make sure they pay homage to my boyhood heroes. They'll moan like buggery about having one less pint but we are stopping in town after so I'm sure they'll make up for it.

Fancy meeting up for a pint or two. Photos with the Aberdeenshire Rams & Uttoxeter Rams flag together?

Saturday morning I will be in the Silk Mill, Tap, The Exeter etc. Not sure where after the game, if interested, I'll PM you my details.

Bringing the whole family to this one. Kids second game. Hopefully they can see some goals and a win. But I’m sure the atmosphere will be great regardless. Think we may be seeing the last of a few of these players in a Rams shirt, and each one deserves an ovation. Looking forward to it and actually having some optimism for the future

On paper, this is a nothing game, at the end of a less-than-nothing season.

Why then, am I mega excited about the game ahead?  I really shouldn't be!
Why then, am I actually nervous, as if the outcome of the game matters at all.  It really doesn't!
Why does this feel like a massive game.  It really isn't!
Why do I still feel like this after 47 years in the job?
Why do I not grow up, and start acting like an adult.

Derby bloody County, eh?  ?

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

On paper, this is a nothing game, at the end of a less-than-nothing season.

Why then, am I mega excited about the game ahead?  I really shouldn't be!
Why then, am I actually nervous, as if the outcome of the game matters at all.  It really doesn't!
Why does this feel like a massive game.  It really isn't!
Why do I still feel like this after 47 years in the job?
Why do I not grow up, and start acting like an adult.

Derby bloody County, eh?  ?

Real answer: Because our future as a club still isn't 100% certain.

It won't be our last game as a club, and it won't be our last game at PPS, but I've still got a few nerves about the possibility as well.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

23 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Real answer: Because our future as a club still isn't 100% certain.

It won't be our last game as a club, and it won't be our last game at PPS, but I've still got a few nerves about the possibility as well.

Disagree. I think it’s because of everything that’s happened this season. Pride, with a tinge of sadness because realistically this is the last time we’ll see a lot of these players wear the shirt.

Oh, and excitement about paying tribute to the biggest legends in the club’s history (Clough, Taylor and Mackay aside).

11 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Not quite sure on formation with that line-up... my guess:

Allsop
Knight  Davies  Cashin  Forsyth
            Bird  Thompson
    Ebiowei  Morrison  Sibley
                 Lawrence

COYR! Let's make this an occasion to remember ?

That would be my guess