Matchday Thread v Blackpool Away (3pm Sat 30th April)

Mucker1884

21 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

The obvious taunting of “Keogh Keogh what’s the score” but good I’d say with him returning the applause he received from many of us as they did their lap of honour. At our request, he even started the bounce for us.

I personally told him to duck off when he came to applaud us.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Bully for you but many of us, including me, applauded him back.

Bully?

I was definitely in the minority. Don't really have a problem with people applauding him, I just don't think he should be even remotely liked or respected by our fans. Would never fall out with anyone over it though.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Bully?

I was definitely in the minority. Don't really have a problem with people applauding him, I just don't think he should be even remotely liked or respected by our fans. Would never fall out with anyone over it though.

I’m not calling you a bully. Are you not familiar with the phrase “bully for you”?

No, I wouldn’t want to fall out with anyone about it either but I think he was a great servant for the club. OK, he made mistakes during games but show me a player that doesn’t. He was an idiot over the joiners arms incident but, in my opinion (and the tribunals) far too harshly treated. I also don’t blame him for taking the club to the tribunal. Wouldn’t you if you thought your employer had unfairly dismissed you?

I liked him and respected him as a player and don’t think his foolishness on that evening can take that away.

He's doing what he's always done, wormed his way into people's 'affections' by playing the fool and pretending to be everyone's best mate. 'Crazy 'Uncle Richard' as that Blackpool blogger called him.

Sit with Derby fans at home for a couple of games. Applaud the away fans after a (league status wise) meaningless victory for them, start the bounce. You can bet he wouldn't have done that had there been anything riding on the game.

He's shown exactly what his leadership style is all about, it's amazing how many people fall for it. 

When it really matters he'll always let you down, and always point the finger elsewhere. Snake, no I got it right earlier. Worm.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not calling you a bully. Are you not familiar with the phrase “bully for you”?

No, I wouldn’t want to fall out with anyone about it either but I think he was a great servant for the club. OK, he made mistakes during games but show me a player that doesn’t. He was an idiot over the joiners arms incident but, in my opinion (and the tribunals) far too harshly treated. I also don’t blame him for taking the club to the tribunal. Wouldn’t you if you thought your employer had unfairly dismissed you?

I liked him and respected him as a player and don’t think his foolishness on that evening can take that away.

Didn't think you were! Hadn't heard of the phrase.

Part of the reason why I hate him is because I loved him so much as a player. I'm very forgiving when someone ducks up if they hold their hands up, apologise, and do what they can to be better. But when they don't do that (see Keogh and Morris), I have no time for them.

12 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

He's doing what he's always done, wormed his way into people's 'affections' by playing the fool and pretending to be everyone's best mate. 'Crazy 'Uncle Richard' as that Blackpool blogger called him.

Sit with Derby fans at home for a couple of games. Applaud the away fans after a (league status wise) meaningless victory for them, start the bounce. You can bet he wouldn't have done that had there been anything riding on the game.

He's shown exactly what his leadership style is all about, it's amazing how many people fall for it. 

When it really matters he'll always let you down, and always point the finger elsewhere. Snake, no I got it right earlier. Worm.

Yes, I now always wonder what it was that was going on with 'captain rick'. 

I look at Curtis and think truly he is everything and more fans could want from a captain and leader for this Club.

When Keogh is long forgotten I will always (I hope others do too) remember Curtis' last 10 minutes of the final defining game of last season. #alwaysaRam

Edited by RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I look at Curtis and think truly he is everything and more fans could want from a captain and leader for this Club.

Curtis is also a better defender, in pure defensive terms, and has shown this season that there really isn't any major problem with his distribution. Also that to play nice attacking football we don't need a defender to be running 50 yards up the pitch at regular intervals 

We just built our defence around Captain Calamity for so long, because he'd positioned himself as top dog in the dressing room for so long, that I think some had convinced themselves that his worth was far greater than it actually was.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

When Keogh is long forgotten I will always (I hope others do too) remember Curtis' last 10 minutes of the final defining game of last season. #alwaysaRam

The irony is, he’s not even the captain!

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Quoting the addition, didn't see it on first response.

I firmly believe that we'd have been facing a 21 point deduction in League One this season had it been Keogh playing in that final game rather than Curtis.

34 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Totally agree ?

I am afraid I cannot respect or appreciate anyone who released a woe is me interview the week tens of club employees lost their jobs through no fault of their own. I dare say his pay off alone could’ve paid their salaries for years. Everything he’s done since has been to worm his way back into the affections of the Derby fans.

If he cared about the club or it’s fans in any way he would not have done what he did. No issue with a player who isn’t bothered, I just prefer that my intelligence isn’t insulted along the way.

Was good to see him sprawled on the floor as Blackpool conceded his he other way. Brought back memories of him playing for us.

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Didn't think you were! Hadn't heard of the phrase.

Part of the reason why I hate him is because I loved him so much as a player. I'm very forgiving when someone ducks up if they hold their hands up, apologise, and do what they can to be better. But when they don't do that (see Keogh and Morris), I have no time for them.

Unfortunately, technically, he didn't do that much wrong. What Lawrence (and indeed Bennett) did was much worse, but he appears to have been forgiven by many.

Keogh made a grave misjudgement, and yes he should have known better. He then won a court case against the club, so in the eyes of the law he was wrongly treated.

What the others did still beggars belief.

Only when all of those involved in the incident have left can we finally put it to bed. I will be sad to see Lawrence 'the player' leave (as I was to see Keogh 'tge player' leave), but I'd be happy to start under a new ownership with a fully clean slate for all.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

I am afraid I cannot respect or appreciate anyone who released a woe is me interview the week tens of club employees lost their jobs through no fault of their own. I dare say his pay off alone could’ve paid their salaries for years. Everything he’s done since has been to worm his way back into the affections of the Derby fans.

If he cared about the club or it’s fans in any way he would not have done what he did. No issue with a player who isn’t bothered, I just prefer that my intelligence isn’t insulted along the way.

Was good to see him sprawled on the floor as Blackpool conceded his he other way. Brought back memories of him playing for us.

He shouldn’t have claimed unfair dismissal when he was unfairly dismissed ? I would take the decision to sack him up with Mel. History of losing legal cases.

7 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Quoting the addition, didn't see it on first response.

I firmly believe that we'd have been facing a 21 point deduction in League One this season had it been Keogh playing in that final game rather than Curtis.

It would never have been Keogh, we've seen he'd not risk the money.

And then this season when Curtis signed on, even when eventually he was obviously offered absolutely peanuts to play for us. ???

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He shouldn’t have claimed unfair dismissal when he was unfairly dismissed ? I would take the decision to sack him up with Mel. History of losing legal cases.

Don’t think I said that did I?

He is welcome to claim unfair dismissal from whomever he likes. I take great issue with him then doing sob story interviews the week many hard working employees lost their jobs as a result of administration. His is not a sob story, he got paid millions of quid for sitting on his arse doing nothing as a result of his own stupidity. If you want to do that then you lose the right to claim you care about the fans or the club in any way. 

I have no interest in seeing him interact with our fans, I have no interest in seeing him at Derby games claiming it is “his club”. I cannot believe people buy it.

8 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Unfortunately, technically, he didn't do that much wrong. What Lawrence (and indeed Bennett) did was much worse, but he appears to have been forgiven by many.

Keogh made a grave misjudgement, and yes he should have known better. He then won a court case against the club, so in the eyes of the law he was wrongly treated.

What the others did still beggars belief.

Only when all of those involved in the incident have left can we finally put it to bed. I will be sad to see Lawrence 'the player' leave (as I was to see Keogh 'tge player' leave), but I'd be happy to start under a new ownership with a fully clean slate for all.

He didn't win a court case against the club. It was an EFL players' tribunal, which surprisingly found in favour of - the player! 

(I ought to have this statement on copy and paste as I have to repeat it so many times.)

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

He didn't win a court case against the club. It was an EFL players' tribunal, which surprisingly found in favour of - the player! 

(I ought to have this statement on copy and paste as I have to repeat it so many times.)

Not going to fall out with you Angie, but he was still found to have been wrongly treated.

Most people would have claimed in similar circumstances.