Derby County Display

Quangy

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Would be great if we could make it happen. Big ask but I wonder if any of our celebrity fans might chip in an amount more than any of us mortals can afford. (Clooney must have a few quid to spare ?)

Come to think of it, pocket money for CK.

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh sod it, I wasn't going to say...it looks naff. Why stripes have we bought it off Mike Ashley? Lots of bits of plastic, great.

Unfortunately I have to agree. "We Bleed Black and White" means absolutely nothing to me as a phrase. It's one of those football fan clichés.

This could easily be a Notts County display, very little of it screams Derby

Should be blue anyway ? 

In any case, I'd prefer a message thanking Rooney, the staff and the players for their efforts this season.

"We'll rise again" - to the championship? That's hardly aspirational.

And this in the presence of the '72 champions.

Edited by IslandExile

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh sod it, I wasn't going to say...it looks naff. Why stripes have we bought it off Mike Ashley? Lots of bits of plastic, great.

It’s the plastic that bothers me most. Hope it’s properly recycled cos it’s a lot for a short display

39 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've donated - seems like a good way to see out the season. 

I'd prefer it if we could have something along the lines of 'Derby Kingdom' with Lara Croft doing a spinning kick or something... though. 

You joke but them lot have had much better displays last few years (please don't let them see this post admitting this). Their Forest Kingdom one looked great

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I've donated - seems like a good way to see out the season. 

I'd prefer it if we could have something along the lines of 'Derby Kingdom' with Lara Croft doing a spinning kick or something... though. 

Me too, looks brilliant. Surprised by the negativity of some.

4 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Me too, looks brilliant. Surprised by the negativity of some.

I have no intention to be cynical for no reason or just be negative to be a Pete Rick, I just honestly think we could do a lot better. Love the idea, love the enthusiasm, love the mobilisation amongst fans, just not big on the execution.

By all means donate to this one, get it done and enjoy it. I did read that they've been limited on timescales for this one as there were hurdles with PPS staffing problems to overcome. Maybe in the new season with some more time to work out some new ideas we could get something creative and fresh done.