LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wonder who the 10 are...
Strong links to Wildsmith, Bardsley, Chester, Hourihane and Barkhuizen
Who else? GK, RB, LW, CF.. another winger?

James Collins was supposedly on Rooney's list, but relies on Cardiff cancelling his contract or loaning him to us.

How about Odubajo for RB with Rosenior and Davies links to him at Hull?

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

James Collins was supposedly on Rooney's list, but relies on Cardiff cancelling his contract or loaning him to us.

How about Odubajo for RB with Rosenior and Davies links to him at Hull?

Possible. I think he'd be a better fit in the starting lineup than Bardsley. Odubajo joined Hull just after Rosenior left though.

I think there's a very strong chance we'll be in for a few players Rosenior has played/worked within the past. We signed Baldock and were also linked with Stockdale last season (both at Brighton when Rosenior was), and almost got Aluko (Hull). Linked with Snodgrass in January too weren't we?
Already linked with Chester and Bridcutt this summer.

To be honest, there doesn't seem to be many Rosenior has played with who're good fits for L1. Dale Stephens, Jamie Murphy, Robbie Brady, Robert Snodgrass and Shane Long are about as close as I can think of. The rest are either not good enough for L1, or they're too good to even drop down to a lower half Championship side.

On 29/06/2022 at 12:36, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Omar Niasse is someone we were linked with heavily in the past, played for Burton too, wouldn't be suprised if he was training with us.

Likes our kind of game too... Can distinctly remember watching a Burton game with some Brewers supporting mates last season and Jimmy Floyd shouted "get a hold of the ball Oumar!"... His response along the lines of: "how can I get hold of the thing when it's that far in the ducking air!"

On 29/06/2022 at 12:36, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Omar Niasse is someone we were linked with heavily in the past, played for Burton too, wouldn't be suprised if he was training with us.

He would be ideal. Proven goal scorer who should fancy coming to us.

Not a suggestion as such, more of an unsubstantiated rumour, but has anyone else seen this:

I believe this guy is a co-founder of Bustler Market and probably does have connections to the club, so is more reputable than your normal chancer.

23 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Not a suggestion as such, more of an unsubstantiated rumour, but has anyone else seen this:

I believe this guy is a co-founder of Bustler Market and probably does have connections to the club, so is more reputable than your normal chancer.

Huddlestone and Johnson for those who don't know.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Huddlestone and Johnson for those who don't know.

I wouldn't be opposed to Johnno in lg 1. Would beef up the midfield next to more cultured bird (doubt we'll keep him) or mobile Thommo. Decent in the air, defensively would help. The odd goal too.

As for Huddz. No. Beautiful passer, lumbering passenger.