Carl Sagan

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Googled it and it says he did ?

Here's one of many reputable sites that will put you right:

https://www.history.com/.amp/news/here-are-6-things-albert-einstein-never-said

Here's another....

https://www.businessinsider.com/misattributed-quotes-2013-10

Do you need more?

If so, you will have to return to Google but, this time, sift through the crap ?

Edited by IslandExile

50 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Just as an aside to your discussion....

No that quote is wrongly attributed to Einstein. He didn't say it.

Einstein was also a true blue realist when it came to quantum mechanics and wouldn't have believed in the many-universes interpretation. If there is only one Universe and not a Multiverse, what does that mean for our chances of survival? Does that make this a must-win game?

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Einstein was also a true blue realist when it came to quantum mechanics and wouldn't have believed in the many-universes interpretation. If there is only one Universe and not a Multiverse, what does that mean for our chances of survival? Does that make this a must-win game?

In a parallel universe, we've already won the Premier League by a record points total and are looking forward to a champions League semifinal.

Unfortunately for this instance of me, my reality is grounded in this universe where the game against QPR is very much a must win game, sitting alongside the Reading must lose game.

14 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think we have got to go for a team that is going to create some chances…..2 or 3 attempts as in the majority of recent away games won’t do ?

I would start with the team most likely to keep a clean sheet. That means Stearman and Fozzie. But it’s not the way Rooney wants to play 

(the sky bloke said an interesting thing on Friday - inexperienced players are less effective away from home because they feel less confident in unfamiliar surroundings. Might be something in it )

11 hours ago, Rev said:

We have a thin, piecemeal squad dictated to us by circumstance.

We have one way of playing, due to having no other options to change things up. 

The question should be how is our home form so good, not how is our away form so poor?  

We've rarely been beaten heavily or easily away, so maybe it's the teams who've visited us that need to look at themselves, rather than us navel gazing at our away form?

It's fine margins. We find something extra at home.. two moments of inspiration on Friday and the game was turned around.

But digging so deep in the home games can mean we have nothing left in the tank for away games. Hope we stil have something left for today but I think its quite likely we will be relegated today. If so, it was good while it lasted .. still keep singing Alez allez.. we are going up.

If we get a result today I can see reading choking and giving us a chance on the last day. The players looked knackered at the end of Fulham so hopefully they have had s bit of rest to sit and refresh. Like against Fulham everything needs to be given today as once again its last chance saloon territory. I can see us winning as QPR are hardly in fine foem. Really wish I was going tbh as I dithered on whether to get a ticket or not. 

Tough game today. QPR were really good at our place when they came from behind to beat us late on. Lots of quality in their squad, Chair is different class. They haven’t been playing well but looked a lot better against Huddersfield and like us, it’s win or bust for them regarding their aspirations (playoffs in their case), should be entertaining. I’m sure we’ll go for it.

Ive gone for a win in the prediction league simply because we need it, could happen but could just as easily be all over today. If we come out of today having closed the gap on Reading we’ve got a sniff again because I fully believe we’ll win our last 3 if we’re in with a shout.

Well this is it folks. Biggest day of the season. It is do or die. If we don't match Readings result we are down. If we win and Reading lose I can honestly see us pulling off the great escape. Don't know how to feel about it all. We just need to go out there with that same fight and belief like we did against Fulham and hopefully the stars align. 

Feels like we have come full circle since that fateful day at Wembley in 2014 where cheating QPR beat us undeservedly and went up to the Premier League at our expense.

I was so proud of our young team that day, despite the loss. Morris took over ownership, surely it was just a matter of time before we were promoted ourselves. 

Eight long years later and we all know how that turned out. The EFL gave QPR a gentle slap on the wrist for their misconduct when they inevitably came back down, whilst pursuing and torturing Derby for lesser offences over several seasons. Morris wasted millions,  upset a lot of people and then dumped us in the mire. 

So here we are again needing a win against QPR, this time the stakes feel even higher. 

We have a poor record recently at Loftus Road (Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium) and I have never seen us win there. I am rightly staying well away, don't want to jinx the team! 

But if anything, I am even prouder of our team this season than I was in 2014. The fight, resilience, team spirit, leadership, support and sheer guts has been a revelation.  So whatever happens today, I applaud each and every person involved with our club. 

DCFC, the team for me. COYR! ?

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

Feels like we have come full circle since that fateful day at Wembley in 2014 where cheating QPR beat us undeservedly and went up to the Premier League at our expense.

I was so proud of our young team that day, despite the loss. Morris took over ownership, surely it was just a matter of time before we were promoted ourselves. 

Eight long years later and we all know how that turned out. The EFL gave QPR a gentle slap on the wrist for their misconduct when they inevitably came back down, whilst pursuing and torturing Derby for lesser offences over several seasons. Morris wasted millions,  upset a lot of people and then dumped us in the mire. 

So here we are again needing a win against QPR, this time the stakes feel even higher. 

We have a poor record recently at Loftus Road (Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium) and I have never seen us win there. I am rightly staying well away, don't want to jinx the team! 

But if anything, I am even prouder of our team this season than I was in 2014. The fight, resilience, team spirit, leadership, support and sheer guts has been a revelation.  So whatever happens today, I applaud each and every person involved with our club. 

DCFC, the team for me. COYR! ?

Agree with pretty much everything you’ve said there, especially the last paragraph which sums up my thoughts on this season perfectly.

Edited by 61GT