QPR vs Derby County matchday thread, Monday 18th April, 3pm

Carl Sagan

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What is Wazza going to change that will give us a chance of winning what is a must win game? 

Get the midfield right and rest should follow, we haven’t done this enough in recent months.

Personally Id like to see an attacking three of Festy, Lawrence and Ebiowei to help create chances, but I would understand if he went with the same as Sat.

13 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Get the midfield right and rest should follow, we haven’t done this enough in recent months.

Personally Id like to see an attacking three of Festy, Lawrence and Ebiowei to help create chances, but I would understand if he went with the same as Sat.

I think we have got to go for a team that is going to create some chances…..2 or 3 attempts as in the majority of recent away games won’t do ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think we have got to go for a team that is going to create some chances…..2 or 3 attempts as in the majority of recent away games won’t do ?

Yeah you'd think they were doing it deliberately!

We're at the limit of our squads abilities, it get 'carried' by being at home. Away from home is a whole different struggle.

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah you'd think they were doing it deliberately!

We're at the limit of our squads abilities, it get 'carried' by being at home. Away from home is a whole different struggle.

But surely Roy, regardless of that, we have to change something don’t we? More of the same will get the same result won’t it? I would rather lose going for it than what we have seen in recent away games ?

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But surely Roy, regardless of that, we have to change something don’t we? More of the same will get the same result won’t it? I would rather lose going for it than what we have seen in recent away games ?

What can be changed that hasn't been tried? We've not been that bad have we? It's the way it is with our squad away from home particularly. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What can be changed that hasn't been tried? We've not been that bad have we? It's the way it is with our squad away from home particularly. 

We have a thin, piecemeal squad dictated to us by circumstance.

We have one way of playing, due to having no other options to change things up. 

The question should be how is our home form so good, not how is our away form so poor?  

We've rarely been beaten heavily or easily away, so maybe it's the teams who've visited us that need to look at themselves, rather than us navel gazing at our away form?

12 minutes ago, Rev said:

We have a thin, piecemeal squad dictated to us by circumstance.

We have one way of playing, due to having no other options to change things up. 

The question should be how is our home form so good, not how is our away form so poor?  

We've rarely been beaten heavily or easily away, so maybe it's the teams who've visited us that need to look at themselves, rather than us navel gazing at our away form?

Well I wouldn't disagree with that. I'm not the one suggesting it might be easy to turn around our away form.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well that would hardly be a surprise after how many seasons of transfer embargo. We have a 19 year old striker and...nope that is it.

Ok then Roy, let’s have more of the same. Lose by 1 or 2 goals, hardly test their keeper, couple of shots on target. Just think after 9 defeats maybe it was time for a different approach but maybe not.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Ok then Roy, let’s have more of the same. Lose by 1 or 2 goals, hardly test their keeper, couple of shots on target. Just think after 9 defeats maybe it was time for a different approach but maybe not.

Your idea of a different approach is to play Curtis Davies up front. ? Righteo, works on Football Manager.

Edited by RoyMac5

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Your idea of a different approach is to play Curtis Davies up front. ? Righteo, works on Football Manager.

Was it Einstein who said the definition of insanity is to carry on and on doing the same things but expecting different results….or something like that….I for one will be disappointed if Wazza doesn’t adopt a much more offensive approach tomorrow and try something a bit different. If that means pushing Curtis upfront for the last half an hour I say go for it….

39 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Was it Einstein who said the definition of insanity is to carry on and on doing the same things but expecting different results

Just as an aside to your discussion....

No that quote is wrongly attributed to Einstein. He didn't say it.