Finance thread 2022.

Rev

20 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Just watched BBC news and one of news items mentioned that the price of Gas is now down a third from its peak yet we are still talking about prices going up further. I understand about forward pricing etc. but am i missing something here ?

That was Nitrous Oxide Gas...well it made me laugh ?

There must be a few people who have taken these help to buy loans off the government as deposits for houses. These were to be paid back after 5 years I know talking to a lad in our office he was looking at extending his mortgage to pay the loan back but now the interest rates have gone up it’s going to cost a lot more.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Really not sure how well thought through the Energy Rebate Scheme or whatever it is called is.

I'm on a fixed price contract until May 2023.

My monthly direct debit is £55 and for the next 6 months I'm getting a £66 rebate.

Basically I'm currently making £11 profit per month on my electric and gas.

Good for you, I'm paying £420/month and it's probably not enough.

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

I’ve just had a quick scan back through the Freedom of Speech thread and all your posts about how the left have cancelled anything and everything remain. 

They locked the thread when it was all proven to be a load of old codswallop

https://www.theregister.com/2022/10/18/youtube_algorithm_conservative_content/?td=rt-3a

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Really not sure how well thought through the Energy Rebate Scheme or whatever it is called is.

I'm on a fixed price contract until May 2023.

My monthly direct debit is £55 and for the next 6 months I'm getting a £66 rebate.

Basically I'm currently making £11 profit per month on my electric and gas.

That is crazy. If needed, you can use the profits to put towards to mortgage payments that have increased, in part, to the unfunded rebates on energy bills!

And who let you fix direct debits of £55 quid until next May? Did you take this price in the early 90s?

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

That is crazy. If needed, you can use the profits to put towards to mortgage payments that have increased, in part, to the unfunded rebates on energy bills!

And who let you fix direct debits of £55 quid until next May? Did you take this price in the early 90s?

Just fixed my mortgage for another 5 years, monthly payments have gone up about £50.

House is only 3 years old, with an energy efficiency rating of A. It hardly ever gets cold. If it does, a 15 minute blast of the heater pretty much warms it up for the day.

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

They locked the thread when it was all proven to be a load of old codswallop

https://www.theregister.com/2022/10/18/youtube_algorithm_conservative_content/?td=rt-3a

The free speech union are taking on cases all the time by people who have been unfairly treated by political correctness gone mad.

https://freespeechunion.org/about/who-we-are/

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Aldi own brand Chocolate Oaties taste better than McVities hobnobs (according to blind taste panels) and are about 1/3 the price.

Also, if anyone is partial to McVities Ginger Nuts, the Tesco own-brand 'Miss Molly' version tastes just as good at a third of the price....