World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

18 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Run that by me again Spain….

You’ve practiced how many penalties this week 

Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

He should maybe have concentrated on the keeper trying to save them.

He was in the corner of the goal 2 steps before the taker even hit the penalty. 

Woeful.

32 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

In other news Ronaldo dropped to the bench. For a knockout game. Unbelievable really.

"Cristiano Ronaldo DROPPED by Portugal for World Cup last-16 clash against Switzerland after leaving coach Fernando Santos enraged over his reaction to being subbed against South Korea... with Goncalo Ramos replacing him"

Big girls blouse...that's me saying it not Goncalo Ramos

25 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

"Cristiano Ronaldo DROPPED by Portugal for World Cup last-16 clash against Switzerland after leaving coach Fernando Santos enraged over his reaction to being subbed against South Korea... with Goncalo Ramos replacing him"

Big girls blouse...that's me saying it not Goncalo Ramos

Some early video of Ronaldo, just after being told he’s not playing for the under ones…….

Confused Funny Face GIF

7 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

It's trend over the last few years. The top keepers had become so good at reading the subtle changes in striker body language that they were saving too many penalties.
The idea with the stutter run is to force the keeper to move first so you can hit your shot taking that into account. Shots taken in this way tend to have less power, but that doesn't matter if the keeper goes the other way.

Lewandowski has been one of the architects of this approach. His penalty record using it is astounding. But at this World Cup keepers have been wise to his approach.

I think everyone seems to be underestimating just how fast this new ball travels through the air. So many shots are already past the keeper before he's had chance to react. And because of that, I think blasting the penalty is likely a very good option to choose.