World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because it takes a better manager than we've got.

I don’t think the manager really matters in this case.

Previously our players have been overhyped. They weren’t as good as had been made out.

But now we genuinely have a quality team. Especially upfront and in midfield.

I don’t see how another manager makes much of a difference unless it was somebody like Pep.

But in general, I don’t think there will be too many world class managers who would want to manage England over a top club anyway.

Our best bet would be somebody like Eddie Howe but why would he leave Newcastle now?

4 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Agreed. Not a bad performance tonight, arguably hard done by but we're again beaten by the first decent team we come up against and all so predictable, story of pretty much every England tournament. And in those key moments that define winners, we bottle it (2nd peno tonight) and the opposition doesn't. 

Except it isn't the same story. Yes we didn't win but we have come so far as a team. We had France on the ropes tonight. Never would we have done that before. Unlucky today. That's football. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yet we play with two CDMs? Of course it matters. ?

We played 433.

Bellingham is more box-to-box, Henderson was the furthest one forward pressing and Rice was holding.

We played far better today and in this tournament in general than previously in a back three.

Bellingham has been key. He really is a monster in midfield and would get in any team in the world. 

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We didn't 'choke under the pressure.' We gave everything and were just unlucky. A 50/50 game that we lost. It happens.

I have to disagree on two points. It wasn’t 50:50 we were the better side (IMO). It also wasn’t down to luck. Luck is when something happens that is outside the control of either you or your opponent. For example, the coffee cup incident. 

The bottom line is, we were the better team but sadly failed to convert our chances especially the guilt edged missed penalty. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We played 433.

Bellingham is more box-to-box, Henderson was the furthest one forward pressing and Rice was holding.

We played far better today and in this tournament in general than previously in a back three.

Bellingham has been key. He really is a monster in midfield and would get in any team in the world. 

Never.

Most of the time it was a back 5, with Rice. ?

Edited by RoyMac5