Blackpool away

uttoxram75

Saturday 30th April (at the moment until Sky move it about two weeks before its due).

A few of us from Utch have booked for the Friday and Saturday nights in Blackpool. No idea if we'll get tickets or not for the match. Not that bothered really, if we have a chance of staying up then we'll make our way to the ground with 15 minutes to go and join in any celebrations that may occur, (very doubtful but would be great to be there if we did manage to secure safety).

The chorus of "We are Derby County, and we are staying up....." alone would be worth the time, effort and money.

Either way, we will be drinking in Blackpool on the Friday evening, Saturday lunch and Saturday night hopefully.

We will be a sociable bunch and happy to welcome anyone off the forum to join us for a pint and singsong.

I'll post where we are drinking on the days in question so feel free to look out for the Uttox rams flag and come and say hello.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Saturday 30th April (at the moment until Sky move it about two weeks before its due).

A few of us from Utch have booked for the Friday and Saturday nights in Blackpool. No idea if we'll get tickets or not for the match. Not that bothered really, if we have a chance of staying up then we'll make our way to the ground with 15 minutes to go and join in any celebrations that may occur, (very doubtful but would be great to be there if we did manage to secure safety).

The chorus of "We are Derby County, and we are staying up....." alone would be worth the time, effort and money.

Either way, we will be drinking in Blackpool on the Friday evening, Saturday lunch and Saturday night hopefully.

We will be a sociable bunch and happy to welcome anyone off the forum to join us for a pint and singsong.

I'll post where we are drinking on the days in question so feel free to look out for the Uttox rams flag and come and say hello.

I’ll be in the Manchester before the game.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Booked the weekend at a B&B down the coast at Lytham, so yes would love to meet up for a cheeky pint.
Will keep an eye on this thread for details
 ? + ? = ?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ll be there. Holding off on booking accommodation until Sky finalise their fixtures though. 

Should be a great day out, whatever happens. And it will be my first season where I’ve done every away game: league, cup and pre-season!

Lots of places do free cancellations if you have to move the date. Hotels get dearer near to the date. I booked ours last September, much cheaper than it is now especially that it’s bank holiday weekend. Don’t forget your Hawaiian shirt and beach ball 

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You can do it quite quickly if there are not too many fans to handle, a clean sweep if you like. Bit slower if you have to give a few the brush off.

Anyway, you ever been to Bloomfield Road Ralph? 

No, alas everytime we go to Blackpool the Mrs is only interested in ridin’ the big ‘un m’duk.

IF...

We are still in with a shout of survival (re relegation, not the going concern thing!) then I've been thinking along these lines.

It "COULD" be a memorable weekend!
If it comes off... everyone back to my tent afters!   ?

*Last time I planned such a shindig, we survived at home to Millwall in the penultimate game, and the last-day party in MK was something of a damp squib!  ?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

IF...

We are still in with a shout of survival (re relegation, not the going concern thing!) then I've been thinking along these lines.

It "COULD" be a memorable weekend!
If it comes off... everyone back to my tent afters!   ?

*Last time I planned such a shindig, we survived at home to Millwall in the penultimate game, and the last-day party in MK was something of a damp squib!  ?

I’ve booked 3 days all inclusive so I will be partying whatever the result.?

We’re booked in for Friday and Saturday night as well, which covers most of the potential for SKY screwing us up.

We’re looking forward to visiting the museums and art galleries and a Michelin three star feast before said footy match.

I might partake in a martini or two before the game if I’m feeling really naughty.

1 hour ago, curb said:

We’re booked in for Friday and Saturday night as well, which covers most of the potential for SKY screwing us up.

We’re looking forward to visiting the museums and art galleries and a Michelin three star feast before said footy match.

I might partake in a martini or two before the game if I’m feeling really naughty.

Mate, we’ve played Fulham away.

12 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ll be there. Holding off on booking accommodation until Sky finalise their fixtures though. 

Should be a great day out, whatever happens. And it will be my first season where I’ve done every away game: league, cup and pre-season!

Traditionally, Blackpool one of the best away days. We will probably be all but relegated by then, but nevertheless it should hopefully be a nice day at the coast for the Rams away fans, who have been amazing this season. 

12 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don't try the old "can I doss on your floor" routine pal.