Rams v Preston Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Dunno about the red card. Sure it was a lunge but Bird was leading more with his knees than his studs 

From what I saw it looked a red, will watch it again later. Either way it’s done, unless it’s blatantly an error by the ref he’ll get a 3 match ban and shouldn’t have been lunging in, there was no danger to our goal and I think he travelled a few yards before diving in on the guy. I like Bird and think he’s a miss if it is 3 games, he just didn’t need to make the challenge in the first place. Hopefully he learns from it and comes back strong for the final 3 games.

But that’s not the big story anyway, we did a win!!!! ? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Wanted to be more positive

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

From what I saw it looked a red, will watch it again later. Either way it’s done, unless it’s blatantly an error by the ref he’ll get a 3 match ban and shouldn’t have been lunging in, there was no danger to our goal and I think he travelled a few yards before diving in on the guy. I like Bird and think he’s a miss if it is 3 games, he just didn’t need to make the challenge in the first place. Hopefully he learns from it and comes back strong for the final 3 games.

100/100 refs would give a red card for that challenge it was needless studs up and high.. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

But that’s not the big story anyway, we did a win!!!! ? 

Fortunately we have Beilik available to slot in.

Hopefully Rooney gets the midfield blend right, as it had been a problem recently trying to get Beilik, Bird and Morrison into the same team.

Derby deserved that. It’s amazing how many chances we can create at Pride Park and how few we create on the road. It must be a mental thing, either teams fearing PP or us playing stiff away from home.

If not for Preston’s goalkeeper could have had three or four in those last 20 minutes alone.

Nathan Byrne brilliant.