I feeling down after tonight

B4ev6is

We had eight senior outfielders (two left-backs) and two senior goalkeepers going into this season. I had us down before a ball had even been kicked. Let alone being deducted 21 points.

This season has already far exceeded expectations. There’s no reason to be down. It’s been fun, the fans have been at their best. 

If we haemorrhage poor results in these last eight games then so be it, because it’ll be what it is. A bunch of teenagers who’ve put up a fight succumbing to circumstance.

6 hours ago, cannable said:

We had eight senior outfielders (two left-backs) and two senior goalkeepers going into this season. I had us down before a ball had even been kicked. Let alone being deducted 21 points.

This season has already far exceeded expectations. There’s no reason to be down. It’s been fun, the fans have been at their best. 

If we haemorrhage poor results in these last eight games then so be it, because it’ll be what it is. A bunch of teenagers who’ve put up a fight succumbing to circumstance.

I totally agree with this, but I am still miserable. All the uncertainty over the football club is slowly killing me.

The only release has been the good performances on the pitch, spirited fightbacks, joy of watching our best youngsters breaking through to first team and some of the great football we have played.

We don't seem to be getting any luck, on or off the pitch and the relentless negativity of some of our own so called supporters on here grinds me down. 

Whatever happens, I am proud of Rooney and his management team, our players and those fans who give their all, week in, week out, whatever the performance. 

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

I totally agree with this, but I am still miserable. All the uncertainty over the football club is slowly killing me.

The only release has been the good performances on the pitch, spirited fightbacks, joy of watching our best youngsters breaking through to first team and some of the great football we have played.

We don't seem to be getting any luck, on or off the pitch and the relentless negativity of some of our own so called supporters on here grinds me down. 

Whatever happens, I am proud of Rooney and his management team, our players and those fans who give their all, week in, week out, whatever the performance. 

WFTTE ?

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

So are you saying we should all be happy clappers,that everything is going to be alright,that we have bidders fighting amongst themselves who is going to buy the club and spend millions rebuilding the threadbare squad we have, ignoring the fact the bidders seem to want to buy the club as cheaply as they can. The reason for the negativity is because of the situation the club has been placed in or would you rather that those "so called supporters" with "negativity" remain quiet and assume everything is hunky-dory and there is nothing to worry about

It is depressing and last night seemed like an real opportunity spurned but with our goal difference being so much stronger than those around us I saw the gap to Reading as 2 wins and that's still the case.

Time is running out. We have 8 games left. 5 at Pride park so every home game now is a cup final. Win a game or two and the whole dynamic changes just look at Barnsley. The fact we are even here with a chance of staying up is testimony enough.

Edited by kingsy1884

23 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

So are you saying we should all be happy clappers,that everything is going to be alright,that we have bidders fighting amongst themselves who is going to buy the club and spend millions rebuilding the threadbare squad we have, ignoring the fact the bidders seem to want to buy the club as cheaply as they can. The reason for the negativity is because of the situation the club has been placed in or would you rather that those "so called supporters" with "negativity" remain quiet and assume everything is hunky-dory and there is nothing to worry about

So did you go last night to support the lads like I did ! 

42 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

A tad unfair!

It's possible to be downbeat, yet still offer encouragement.
It's possible to gee yourself...and others... up, without smiling, and without any clapping whatsoever*.
It's possible to fight till the end, without ever being happy again!

Watch a captain on the pitch as everyone trundles back to the halfway line after conceding a goal.  See that fist pump? (Leave it!)
Watch a manager on the side lines at the same time.
Listen to the Rams fans Bursting at a few C'mon Derby's as we kick off again after conceding.

#PMA
#WFTTE

*Fair Do's... It's actually quite difficult to gee someone up in that way, without clapping your hands, but it's a different kind of clapping.  Applause it ain't!  

A terrible performance. What the bleep was Allsop up to, being caught out like that, and totally thick clearances to defenders who had little or no chance to clear the ball. Was he on dozy pills? And the lack of ambition, with all that passing back to the goalkeeper. One goal was not enough. 'Devastated, by the performance as much as the result.

12 minutes ago, David Baker said:

A terrible performance. What the bleep was Allsop up to, being caught out like that, and totally thick clearances to defenders who had little or no chance to clear the ball. Was he on dozy pills? And the lack of ambition, with all that passing back to the goalkeeper. One goal was not enough. 'Devastated, by the performance as much as the result.

It wasn't a terrible performance though was it. It was a very good first half followed by a shambolic 15 mins.

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am feeling down as anything right now and I feeling down and out I feel for dark fruits and angieram and many many many others. I just dont know what to say right now.

Even when managing a team up the A52 Cloughie would say

"Derby County will bounce back...they always do!"

Keep the faith!

COYR!

Edited by Brammie Steve

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I'd rather you didn't put the boot in repeatedly ad nauseam, yes. 

You are one of the worst offenders in that respect, imo.

You seem totally unaware of the effect of your negativity on others.

And don't twist my words.

From the elation of a good first half performance to the devastation of another defeat and all the usual gestures from the shed stand departees at the end. We were loud and proud first half and the lads clearly appreciated it as they came to applaud us at the end, for several minutes - emotional! We did what we could, in the stands and on the pitch, but Blackburn's half time changes made all the difference and they bullied us quite a bit second half.

It was great, for me at least, to reconnect after nearly two years away. Meeting friends, seeing how the kids have grown in two years and singing to support my team until I was hoarse was a joy. Makes life worth living in these uncertain and tragic times.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

So did you go last night to support the lads like I did ! 

Since i have had really bad health i haven't been able to get to matches but rather than watch on the Red button i'm still doing my bit by watching it on RamsTV. I have been a fan/supporter since the 70's home and away,so don't have a pop at me asking if i went last night and as for a moderator actually clapping that comment beggars belief.

5 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Since i have had really bad health i haven't been able to get to matches but rather than watch on the Red button i'm still doing my bit by watching it on RamsTV. I have been a fan/supporter since the 70's home and away,so don't have a pop at me asking if i went last night and as for a moderator actually clapping that comment beggars belief.

How’s that a pop at you .

It was a simple question.

I am sorry you have bad health and I wish you well 

Edited by Curtains
Spelling

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'd rather you didn't put the boot in repeatedly ad nauseam, yes. 

You are one of the worst offenders in that respect, imo.

You seem totally unaware of the effect of your negativity on others.

And don't twist my words.

I didn't twist your words for one minute, if you don't like me "putting the boot in repeatedly" then feel free to ban me, i thought a forum was for people to voice their opinions /concerns. I am just saying how i see it all developing,that's not being negative.

I still think that Rooney and the lads have performed miracles this season but that doesn't distract from the off field issues.