Matchday Thread: AFC Bournemouth vs. Derby County

cannable

30 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I wish Wayne would wake up and smell the coffee, complaining about refereeing officials every game won't change our points tally on the board.

We need to start influencing our own luck especially away from home and show more attacking intent.

If we don't have the players to do this then fair enough but the noise about the officials is becoming a distraction now from the real task in hand.

Yeah let’s just brush it under the carpet when it’s so blatantly obvious. 

He’s the manager of a football team that had a great chance of going up 1-0 from the penalty spot, he’s going to be aggrieved when it’s right in front of the referees nose. 

Derbys result today isn’t a shock. In fact with a gun to my head if I had to give a result I’d have backed Bournemouth.

Reading getting pumped is good, the annoyance for us is that we’re so toothless away from home. Plus Barnsley and Peterborough have the audacity to stay up. 

Blackburn will no doubt be another tight match where we lose 1 or 2 nil. We’re in need of some luck.

Edited by TomTom92

5 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Yeah let’s just brush it under the carpet when it’s so blatantly obvious. 

He’s the manager of a football team that had a great chance of going up 1-0 from the penalty spot, he’s going to be aggrieved when it’s right in front of the referees nose. 

I did say that complaining about refereeing decisions has become the popular refrain now,  you for some reason have chosen to take my comment in isolation regards todays game.

1 goal in the past 5 away games isn't down to poor refereeing decisions but believe what you want 

47 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I literally have no idea why Plange is playing now.  His head went to Crystal Palace the day he signed, he is doing nowt which is frustrating as he was finding space and scoring before his move and he may as well have a fag and a paper in the centre circle at the minute. Must be 8/ 9 games since he got a goal.

I honestly don't go along with this. It's his first season in senior professional football. He was always going to be inconsistent. Maybe he's not that good anyway. Remember he only played a few games before his transfer.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I did say that complaining about refereeing decisions has become the popular refrain now,  you for some reason have chosen to take my comment in isolation regards todays game.

1 goal in the past 5 away games isn't down to poor refereeing decisions but believe what you want 

Of course some of it’s down to bad refereeing decisions. We should have had a penalty and could have scored from it. 

But, you believe what you want. 

Couldn’t get today so listened to it on Radio Derby, seemed unlucky against a strong side. I’ve seen the penalty, how that wasn’t given I’ll never know. No more of this free hit rubbish now, we need to start winning away from home if we are going to do this. Roll on Blackburn, see you there.

36 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Maybe it would have been more than 1 in 5 if we got the decisions we should have got.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Of course some of it’s down to bad refereeing decisions. We should have had a penalty and could have scored from it. 

But, you believe what you want. 

Maybe the Rams are so spent up from all the reserves they have bern running on that when the inevitable crap refereeing decision comes, or rather the first of several crap decisions comes it knocks the stuffing out of them, not only are they playing a football team, who can be beaten, they are also playing the match officials, who can’t be beaten. 

Effectively the bad decision means game over.

Edited by DavesaRam

8 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Maybe the Rams are so spent up from all the reserves they have bern running on that when the inevitable crap refereeing decision comes, or rather the first of several crap decisions comes it knocks the stuffing out of them, not only are they playing a football team, who can be beaten, they are also playing the match officials, who can’t be beaten. 

Effectively the bad decision means game over.

Spot on Dave

It's no good saying...well they're pro players they should suck it up and go again, It aint that simple, When you think all are against you...it does knock the stuffing out of you.

I've seen 2 shocking decisions today, A penalty that wasn't and a penalty that was, Both the Refs are shyte...imo?

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Spot on Dave

It's no good saying...well they're pro players they should suck it up and go again, It aint that simple, When you think all are against you...it does knock the stuffing out of you.

I've seen 2 shocking decisions today, A penalty that wasn't and a penalty that was, Both the Refs are shyte...imo?

And the miss of the season ?

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I wish Wayne would wake up and smell the coffee, complaining about refereeing officials every game won't change our points tally on the board.

We need to start influencing our own luck especially away from home and show more attacking intent.

If we don't have the players to do this then fair enough but the noise about the officials is becoming a distraction now from the real task in hand.

I disagree. I think when a figure as high-profile as Rooney complains about refereeing decisions it has the chance to have an effect. I'm sure he means it and he'd be right to, but he will also have learnt the art of influencing officials from Alex Ferguson. From now on it's vital referees go into every match knowing they're making mistakes not giving us decisions, and perhaps we'll get one. One day we might even get one that's not legit, though pigs will likely fly long before.

But we all know and see referees are influenced and sometimes have an agenda. For instance, Madley's brother went into that game against Burnley determined to send Chris Martin off come hell or high water, and he did that even though as was pointed out on TV afterwards by the pundits, Martin didn't commit a single foul or dive all game.