Is it back on then?

Amberram

10 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It is absolutely still on and even after 3 defeats in row it always was still on. It’s going to be difficult, we need another run like we had before the 3 defeats to have a chance. We can’t control what Reading do we’ve just got to win as many games as we can. Everyone assumed with Reading getting back to back wins then it’s all over they’re going to go on a run and make our task impossible. They’ve followed it up with back to back defeats.

Two tough games coming up but Bournemouth coming off a loss and Blackburn are struggling right now. Any points we can from those two games with wins against Cov and Preston at home then we’ll be in business.

…that’s the thing we may not be. And you just know the Kafkaesque EFL are going to find some rule that we will have fallen foul of during the course of the season: 

1. Failing to wear socks in the appropriate manner in consecutive games -6 points

2. Failing to inflate the football to within 5% of the maximum psi within 20 minutes of a Tuesday night. -6 points {suspended}

3. Insufficient bulb brightness in one of the floodlights during the course of a game. -3 points. 

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Instinctively I think its still a big ask but funny things can happen at the business end of seasons.

Removing the points deductions, Reading have earnt 35 points from 35 games so far this season (obviously 1 point a game average) whereas we've earnt 45 points from 36 games (1.25 points a game). Therefore, applying average season form to the remaining games would see us with 13 points (rounded up!) whereas Reading would collect 11. That would leave us 3 points short given the current gap so suggests we need to over-perform our season average and/or Reading under-perform their average.

Clearly football doesnt work along linear lines though & psychology and short term form play a big part. The two factors in our favour are a) we're chasing rather than hanging on & b) our support is very vocal & positive as opposed to Reading's fairly tepid support, some of whom attacked their team bus a few weeks ago. That said, my hunch is both teams will have a slight upturn of form as stakes become higher & we play midtable clubs with little to play for/players not wanting to get injured before a summer move.

In summary, I believe we need at least one 'unexpected' win based on our usual form & ideally two. It means we need to be continuing our great home form AND starting to win away. The next two are crucial in my eyes, 3 or 4 points from the two games & its on. Lose both & I think our chances become remote.

Absolutely correct. It’ll go to the wire. 

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

They didn't say that comment which is the reason why you still are unable to quote that part back to me.

If believing that fits in with your own narrative then so be it but don't start quoting passages that never even existed in the first place except in your own mind. 

Direct quote,”I just HOPEwe can start next season with a new owner and new manager in LEAGUE 1 next season”. Please tell me how we can achieve this without relegation. If you HOPE you are in LEAGUE 1 next season then you HOPE we are relegated. If you don’t understand this I can’t help you. Just as an aside do you argue with people for a living or is it just a hobby 

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Direct quote,”I just HOPEwe can start next season with a new owner and new manager in LEAGUE 1 next season”. Please tell me how we can achieve this without relegation. If you HOPE you are in LEAGUE 1 next season then you HOPE we are relegated. If you don’t understand this I can’t help you. Just as an aside do you argue with people for a living or is it just a hobby 

No because you've taken that comment in pure isolation from the rest of the post:-

The silly points dropped will bite us I think. Peterborough, Barnsley and Reading games particularly. 

An honourable fight but I expect we might finish 22nd. 

I just hope we can start next season with a new owner and manager in League 1 and try to put the last 3 seasons behind us as they have been hell. 

It's obvious that the inference was that as the OP stated they expect we will finish 22nd so the next statement follows on from that expectation that we will be playing in League 1 next season so on that basis they hope we have a new manager and owner  - NOT as you keep trying to assert they hope we will get relegated. 

You're again quoting passages which were never said apart from in your own mind. 

It's not about understanding its about what you keep insisting on reading into comments but that's you're prerogative. 

21 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Surely you’re being disingenuous ?

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No because you've taken that comment in pure isolation from the rest of the post:-

The silly points dropped will bite us I think. Peterborough, Barnsley and Reading games particularly. 

I just hope we can start next season with a new owner and manager in League 1 and try to put the last 3 seasons behind us as they have been hell. 

It's obvious that the inference was that as the OP stated they expect we will finish 22nd so the next statement follows on from that expectation that we will be playing in League 1 next season so on that basis they hope we have a new manager and owner  - NOT as you keep trying to assert they hope we will get relegated. 

You're again quoting passages which were never said apart from in your own mind. 

It's not about understanding its about what you keep insisting on reading into comments but that's you're prerogative. 

How can I be quoting passages which were never said when you yourself have just quoted it. Please find someone else to argue with or am I the only person that hasn’t blocked you.

32 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think Rooney, the staff and the players believe they're going to do it which is a huge part of the battle.

I think it's still a long shot myself, but after losing 3 and picking up it could well be that our rough patch is ending. We're into march at least.

I think if we can better Reading by a couple of points in the next 3 games it’s game on. They have 3 very difficult games, we have 2 and have to beat Coventry at home. Need our rivals up the road to do us a big favour too ?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

If someone doesn't believe that something will happen aren't they a hypocrite and just offering lip service if they then subscribe to that event occurring?

If they don't believe in it then that's their opinion just like yours and mine and everyone else's on this forum. 

Yes but some posters don't put it across as an opinion, they say it as if it's fact. 

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

To give @RealisticRam the benefit of the doubt, I wonder if it was just a clumsy use of words and perhaps he meant to say "I just hope we can start next season with  new owner and manager" and is assuming we'll be in league 1? Unless he sees relegation as the only way to get rid of Rooney in which case perhaps he/she does want to see us relegated.

@RealisticRam are you going to explain what you meant?

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

To give @RealisticRam the benefit of the doubt, I wonder if it was just a clumsy use of words and perhaps he meant to say "I just hope we can start next season with  new owner and manager" and is assuming we'll be in league 1? Unless he sees relegation as the only way to get rid of Rooney in which case perhaps he/she does want to see us relegated.

Even so why would he want a new manager?

49 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Oh my god. Shut up shut up shut up. 

he said he expected us to be in league 1 next season, and if / when we are he hopes we’ll have a new owner and manager. 

I don’t agree with him on the manager part (although I wouldn’t blame Rooney for moving on at that point), but he didn’t say he hopes we’ll be in league one, he said he hopes we’ll have a new manager and owner when we’re in league one. He just missed the when out because every other person on the planet gets it.

this thread is not about the semantics of dissecting one persons post. Just shut up.

And welcome to the ignore list. 

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Would be a nervy last day!

Screenshot_20220306-012603_Office.jpg

I can’t wait for the inevitable absolute meltdown on here when we’re 6pts off with only 3 games to go.

I mean, this is the reaction when we’re 5pts off with 10 to play. 

I so hope it plays out like this. 

21 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

…that’s the thing we may not be. And you just know the Kafkaesque EFL are going to find some rule that we will have fallen foul of during the course of the season: 

1. Failing to wear socks in the appropriate manner in consecutive games -6 points

2. Failing to inflate the football to within 5% of the maximum psi within 20 minutes of a Tuesday night. -6 points {suspended}

3. Insufficient bulb brightness in one of the floodlights during the course of a game. -3 points. 

If they are going to do something anyway it would be good to force their hand and make them embarrass themselves again.

We’ve been chasing all season so I don’t think it will have much more of a psychological effect if the gaps grows again in the next couple of games. We’ve just got to keep picking up wins when we can. It would take something miraculous for us to have it in our own hands going into the last game, I can see a scenario where we are in the bottom 3 until the very last game. I can also see us being 5-6 points adrift going into the last 3 games and needing to win those last 3 games to stay up, but those 3 games are winnable.

Yes it’s a long shot, yes it’s unlikely but we have a chance and that alone is remarkable.

32 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

How can I be quoting passages which were never said when you yourself have just quoted it. Please find someone else to argue with or am I the only person that hasn’t blocked you.

Crack on then am ducking out now as am sure the forum doesn't need the distraction of me continually calling you out on something which was never said but you have read it that way in your own mind.

Am sure there are far more interesting topics to debate such as how going to every away game for the past millennium makes you a true fan or something along those lines. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think Rooney, the staff and the players believe they're going to do it which is a huge part of the battle.

I think it's still a long shot myself, but after losing 3 and picking up it could well be that our rough patch is ending. We're into march at least.

We are into the period now where belief and nerve is more important than talent. Yesterday was a good day. I think Reading are stronger on paper. But I am not convinced they have a siege attitude. If we can go into the last game within 3 points of 21st I think we have a very real chance of staying up.

25 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Oh my god. Shut up shut up shut up. 

he said he expected us to be in league 1 next season, and if / when we are he hopes we’ll have a new owner and manager. 

I don’t agree with him on the manager part (although I wouldn’t blame Rooney for moving on at that point), but he didn’t say he hopes we’ll be in league one, he said he hopes we’ll have a new manager and owner when we’re in league one. He just missed the when out because every other person on the planet gets it.

this thread is not about the semantics of dissecting one persons post. Just shut up.

And welcome to the ignore list. 

I was not the one looking for an argument, and as for being ignored by youI Dont Care Reaction GIF by Declan McKenna

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Logged in today to such an output of love I must say.

Of course I don't want us relegated but I expect we will be and ultimately finish 22nd. 

Then, I hope we can rebuild in League 1 with probably Mike Ashley in charge and a different manager as I don't at all rate Rooney.