Is it back on then?

Amberram

Instinctively I think its still a big ask but funny things can happen at the business end of seasons.

Removing the points deductions, Reading have earnt 35 points from 35 games so far this season (obviously 1 point a game average) whereas we've earnt 45 points from 36 games (1.25 points a game). Therefore, applying average season form to the remaining games would see us with 13 points (rounded up!) whereas Reading would collect 11. That would leave us 3 points short given the current gap so suggests we need to over-perform our season average and/or Reading under-perform their average.

Clearly football doesnt work along linear lines though & psychology and short term form play a big part. The two factors in our favour are a) we're chasing rather than hanging on & b) our support is very vocal & positive as opposed to Reading's fairly tepid support, some of whom attacked their team bus a few weeks ago. That said, my hunch is both teams will have a slight upturn of form as stakes become higher & we play midtable clubs with little to play for/players not wanting to get injured before a summer move.

In summary, I believe we need at least one 'unexpected' win based on our usual form & ideally two. It means we need to be continuing our great home form AND starting to win away. The next two are crucial in my eyes, 3 or 4 points from the two games & its on. Lose both & I think our chances become remote.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

6 hours ago, RealisticRam said:

The silly points dropped will bite us I think. Peterborough, Barnsley and Reading games particularly. 

An honourable fight but I expect we might finish 22nd. 

I just hope we can start next season with a new owner and manager in League 1 and try to put the last 3 seasons behind us as they have been hell. 

So your saying you hope we get relegated.

RealisticRam said:

The silly points dropped will bite us I think. Peterborough, Barnsley and Reading games particularly. 

An honourable fight but I expect we might finish 22nd. 

I just hope we can start next season with a new owner and manager in League 1 and try to put the last 3 seasons behind us as they have been hell. 

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Where did it say that?

We can try and predict the rest of the season but at the end of the day its 5 points

2 games

Until its mathematically impossible, its possible, and we need to believe, otherwise wheres excitement, if you aren't going to have any hope then switch off and come back next season. 

Some people seem quick to want to pi$$ on other people's optismisn just so they can say I told you so

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I don’t think it is any particular game that has cost us. We had Mount Everest to climb with a fridge on our backs. I think our away form will prove to be our Achilles heel. Still in there fighting though.

Cold not agree more, mate.  And I think Kenwood agree.  Hotpoint well made.  ?

4 minutes ago, LERam said:

Until its mathematically impossible, its possible, and we need to believe, otherwise wheres excitement, if you aren't going to have any hope then switch off and come back next season. 

Some people seem quick to want to pi$$ on other people's optismisn just so they can say I told you so

If someone doesn't believe that something will happen aren't they a hypocrite and just offering lip service if they then subscribe to that event occurring?

If they don't believe in it then that's their opinion just like yours and mine and everyone else's on this forum. 

49 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

RealisticRam said:

An honourable fight but I expect we might finish 22nd. 

I just hope we can start next season with a new owner and manager in League 1 and try to put the last 3 seasons behind us as they have been hell. 

Where did it say that?

I just hope we can start next season with a new owner and manager in LEAGUE 1. I know it’s difficult for you to post something when we have won but do keep up.

Just now, Foreveram said:

I just hope we can start next season with a new owner and manager in LEAGUE 1. I know it’s difficult for you to post something when we have won but do keep up.

That comment was following their post that their expectation was that we might get relegated this season, not their hope.

Same question stands therefore, where did it say that they hope we would get relegated?

Cliche but we take each game as it comes until we run  out.

If it goes to the last game of the season then anything can happen.

Reading have Joao back who can make a big difference for them, but their recent upsurge seems to have stalled.

Hopefully the win yesterday is a confidence boost that gives us some momentum for the next few games.

Shame we have  Bournemouth away next as that will be tough to take anything from

Edited by StrawHillRam

13 minutes ago, LERam said:

We can try and predict the rest of the season but at the end of the day its 5 points

2 games

Exactly this?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That comment was following their post that their expectation was that we might get relegated this season, not their hope.

Same question stands therefore, where did it say that they hope we would get relegated?

Look at the tables, LEAGUE 1 is the one below us. The one that they hoped we would be in next season.

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Look at the tables, LEAGUE 1 is the one below us. The one that they hoped we would be in next season.

They didn't say that comment which is the reason why you still are unable to quote that part back to me.

If believing that fits in with your own narrative then so be it but don't start quoting passages that never even existed in the first place except in your own mind. 

With Boro on 55 points, we have 24 with 30 to play for, I hate to be the boo boy here, but yes top 6 is over, not a chance. 

No way will the EFL help us out by giving Boro a points deduction, can you imagine Gibson’s face if they did?

31 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I don’t think it is any particular game that has cost us. We had Mount Everest to climb with a fridge on our backs. I think our away form will prove to be our Achilles heel. Still in there fighting though.

I absolutely agree it’s a tough ask still and I think we’ll fall short but, a positive way to look at it is if we could claw back 3 points over the next 9 games (10 for Reading) we’d be going into the last game of the season 2 points behind Reading with us at home to Cardiff and Reading away at Luton so there would be a glimmer of hope. Of course we need to keep Barnsley and Peterborough at bay with their 2 games in hand but, as someone said (on the Reading forum I think) when you’re at the bottom games in hand are actually defeats in hand.

I agree with Radio Derby. We probably need to win our remaining home games (with the possible exception of Fulham), pull off at shock at either Bournemouth or Blackburn and get something from Blackpool or Swansea.

In my dreams we win at Blackpool to go above Reading and then at least match their result on the last day. In my nightmares we win at Blackpool to go above Reading but either they then overtake us on the last day as we lose at home or Barnsley leapfrog us both.