The pitch

dajstrawb

14 hours ago, Mckram said:

I do wonder if the game will be on Wednesday after this weather and how willing we will be to even get the game on.

If it’s postponed then we go to Luton and Cardiff, then play Barnsley at home before Lawrence is back.

I bet we’d rather play Barnsley at home without Lawrence and get him back to play Millwall down the line.

I'd rather back to back home games. The atmosphere was electric Saturday, keep that going

8 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

The time to start worrying about the pitch is whitewashing the penalty spot before the kick can be taken

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

You can remember that then.?

10 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I can remember it.  Bob Smith running on to the pitch with a bucket of white paint, a brush and a tape measure.  Fun times at the BBG

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Against Man City with Joe Corrigan in goal I think. 

See the video I posted earlier in the thread

40 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I'd rather back to back home games. The atmosphere was electric Saturday, keep that going

It’s one of those, might pay off or might not.

Millwall’s game was called off on the weekend as well…who knows if that means they’re fresher or a bit off it. 

32 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

If i remember correctly Joe Corrigan paced out the distance and he wanted it taken from the 18yd line lol.

I remember it well, I was on the Popside at the time. It was pretty obvious from there, that the ref had put the ball in the wrong spot.

Corrigan complained about it and got booked, then the groundsman came out and measured it, proving Corrigan was correct.

Could only be Derby.

When I think back to the unique happenings at our club on and off the pitch, it's almost unbelievable that so much had happened to one club.

Penalty spot incident.

Fans surrounding the pitch trying to tackle a Fulham player.

Coffee cup goal.

Missing first European qualification through financial problems.

Players threatening strike action after Clough went.

Club moments from being wound up in court in the 80s

The 3 amigos.

Wee Billy's post match comments on the Wembley pitch unsurprising followed by that season.

The curse of the CDM, Thorne and Beilik injuries cost us dear.

The debacle of the EFL handling our case over the last couple of years.

2 hours ago, glyn1957 said:

If i remember correctly Joe Corrigan paced out the distance and he wanted it taken from the 18yd line lol.

Actually, it was on MOTD that evening and Jimmy Hill using the technology of the day, superimposed on the real image, once the groundsman had measured it, where Corrigan and the referee had actually thought it should be.

Corrigan was almost "spot on" (see what I did there?) and the referee would have had it a yard further forward.

Dunno if he was the same ref from the Rotherham game a few years later but anyway....

On 20/02/2022 at 17:20, Mckram said:

I do wonder if the game will be on Wednesday after this weather and how willing we will be to even get the game on.

If it’s postponed then we go to Luton and Cardiff, then play Barnsley at home before Lawrence is back.

I bet we’d rather play Barnsley at home without Lawrence and get him back to play Millwall down the line.

The game will go ahead on Wednesday night.

Can you remember Brums pitch when Billy was our manager, they took the reserve pitch mid season for New Wembley and it didn’t set right.  
It was cutting up in flaps and the EFL threatened a points deduction.

Never happened though.

Edited by Boycie
“New” Wembley had a spare pitch grown for them by the way, that’s when Wembley’s pitch was awful.

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

Can you remember Brums pitch when Billy was our manager, they took the reserve pitch mid season for New Wembley and it didn’t set right.  
It was cutting up in flaps and the EFL threatened a points deduction.

Never happened though.

Yeah, I do. It played a part in their winning goal iirc - ball helpfully sticking in the mud. 

• 2 weeks later...