v Millwall (H) Match Thread

Day

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Would like to see us start on Saturday with the intent we showed second half, play CKR from the start with Plange and Ebiowei in a front 3, midfield 3 of Knight, Bird and Bielik, some sort of back 4 and just go for it from the off

Plange did nothing all game. 

Bielik looked lost, maybe tired? Not sure I liked Bird wide. 

Hope Festy isn't too hurt. Liked the bit we saw of Ebiowei.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

We shouldn't have left it until the last two minutes.

I agree. Deserved to lose. Especially to that second goal because it started from our free kick and I'm fed up of us not being able to put a dead ball in a decent area giving anyone a chance to do anything. 

Then Byrne hits it straight out of play from a corner at the end

All Millwall really did was be composed, patient and keep a simple gameplay

We fell apart all on our own there. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Plange did nothing all game. 

Bielik looked lost, maybe tired? Not sure I liked Bird wide. 

Hope Festy isn't too hurt. Liked the bit we saw of Ebiowei.

Plange had a couple of shots, granted he wasn’t brilliant but he was up against a well drilled defence and our build up leaves a lot to be desired. He’s not gonna score wonder goals every game. But I take your point, maybe bench him and start CKR on Saturday. I guess my point is I want to see us just go all out for the win from the start then try to defend a lead, a bit like Stoke away 

Plange had a couple of shots,

Lol. I don't think so.

granted he wasn’t brilliant

Nope. Colin showed that when he came on.

Don't think he's the right choice. Me and Wayne see that one different,

No real arguments from me tonight. Thought Millwall looked organised, physical and regimented. Rowett ball at its best. They clearly did their home work on Festy, doubling up on him every time forcing him inside to the traffic. Or giving him a yard so if he did try and knock it past they had a head start. Impressed with their back 4 and their RB. At times they were just bullying our young lads, too physical and they couldn’t cope.

Looked a bit better with Colin up top. Putting himself about and wanting to be in a battle. Plange was as weak as a kitten at times and the difference between their hold up play was night and day. I like Plange but he definitely needs to get nastier, stronger and more aggressive and show he wants to bully centre halves. Colin’s body language you can tell he wants a battle, at times Plange looked intimidated. But fair play to their CBs. 

Bennett looked strong and direct, always a player if he can stay fit. 

Onto the next one, plenty of twists to come. 

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

It was a bit similar to the end of Forest away there, refs completely sucked any momentum Derby had in those last few minutes, then blew before he shouldve done to boot.

But we weren’t great, too many suspensions/injuries/players we couldn’t renew, we are down to bare bones and that was clear tonight 

Last sentence is a good summary. Can't be too critical to any player/Rooney. 

Don't have the personnel to change much or rest players. Lacking in quality tonight but even though it's likely we will be relegated, I live the team at the moment. Roll on offers being formally submitted for the club.