Jozwiak - Taken early retirement

TomTom92

18 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

How long Jozwiak will be out? 

Their preseason transfer window just opened and will be open in until May, if I remember correctly.

MLS transfer windows

Major League Soccer's first window will close on Wednesday, May 4. A secondary window will then run from Thursday, July 7 through to Thursday, August 4.

On 11/02/2022 at 09:38, Jon Bon Pony said:

I'm not saying there was nothing to this, but if the deal had actually been close to agreed, he'd not have been playing.

The admins want to sell players to raise money. Rooney wants to keep all of his players and use them. I doubt some agreed bid would stop Wayne playing a player. Him getting injured means we get to keep him around. If the money coming in from a sale meant we could sign someone else, I’m sure Rooney would have been more compliant. But seeing as any sale only impacts the squad negatively, I’m sure he’s not fussed…

• 3 weeks later...

We'll get a bit of cash back won't we?

Probably a high earner (in our current terms anyway) and doesn't seem particularly well suited to the Championship and doesn't appear to fancy scrapping at the bottom of League One next season.

Worse would be if we couldn't get rid of him and we were stuck paying his wages without him playing. 

17 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m sure I saw this rumoured on Twitter as one that fell through in Jan. Wonder if that’s the source of the end of season funding ? 

Yeah. Charlotte FC looks to be the destination. (Weirdly, the other football club that Erik Alonso seems to have in his instagram bio?!)

Edited by Bubbles