DCCT Rams Family Fundraiser

Day

As this is run through the Community Trust now and gift aid is an option, it is a registered charity......

So, the agreement between Mel and Gibson potentially involves a charitable donation ? 

Go on Mel, have the last laugh...... £6m incoming!

Edging ever closer to the £25,000 target- which would be a fantastic achievement, I’m sure we’d all agree.

Having seen the large anonymous donation, as well as hearing about a donation from Shaun Barker, I wondered if there is scope to “supercharge” the fundraising efforts by appealing to ex-players, via Twitter? I can’t pretend to know anything about Twitter, but is that something that can be easily done by Punjabi Rams/BAWT/RamsTrust who have a reputable presence?

I suspect there may be a few active and retired players looking on with dismay at what’s happening to the club- but I bet there are plenty that probably don’t want to make any kind of public statement. Is this fundraising campaign a method by which they can anonymously do their bit to help the cause? Even if it’s £100, £500, £1,000 (or maybe £10k for someone on a wage like Mason Mount ?); whatever those people can afford.

Maybe I’m too much of a romantic optimist, but I have visions of Waghorn, Bryson, Martin, Vydra et al on a WhatsApp group deciding how much they should all give to help tide over the club, and indirectly get tickets to the next generation of Rams fans- some of whom wouldn’t otherwise have the opportunity.

On 09/02/2022 at 11:01, David said:

Not sure what's going on this morning, one topic we have someone complaining where the 8k went from the Birmingham game, now £11k raised is disappointing as it's only from 335 people.

*335 fans donating on average £34 each is anything but disappointing, it should be applauded.

We have a sold out away end up at the Riverside which is a trek, throw in travel, food and drink costs those fans could be looking at upwards of £100 to go.

That could be pushing them financially to the limit.

I myself spent £100+ last night for a home game, which is practically an away game, we're not all local.

Also, the large fanbase will be made up of thousands that are not active on social media to know that this campaign is running. 

A campaign which has been running for what, 48hrs?

We have pinned this topic to raise awareness for those that can, not guilt trip others for not donating.

*Excluded the £5k anonymous donater that could be a business, player, ex player.

Jesus Christ! @Davidwell said. Fuel bills have risen £1000 + this year for me. I went to Boro too. I also paid for my son’s ticket and travel. Fantastic that people are donating and in Derby community spirit has been re-energised and the rest of the Land are gawping in admiration at what’s happening in Derby. Let’s keep it positive because positivity in adversity is what this is all about.