DCCT Rams Family Fundraiser

Day

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The target is now £25,000 , nearly £16,500 raised. A bit disappointing that only 336 people have donated out of our large fan base. It doesn’t have to be £5,000 , 500 people giving a tenner each is the same amount.

Perhaps it needs publicising more?  I've only seen on here, but I assume it is on Twitter etc.

46 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The target is now £25,000 , nearly £16,500 raised. A bit disappointing that only 336 people have donated out of our large fan base. It doesn’t have to be £5,000 , 500 people giving a tenner each is the same amount.

Not sure what's going on this morning, one topic we have someone complaining where the 8k went from the Birmingham game, now £11k raised is disappointing as it's only from 335 people.

*335 fans donating on average £34 each is anything but disappointing, it should be applauded.

We have a sold out away end up at the Riverside which is a trek, throw in travel, food and drink costs those fans could be looking at upwards of £100 to go.

That could be pushing them financially to the limit.

I myself spent £100+ last night for a home game, which is practically an away game, we're not all local.

Also, the large fanbase will be made up of thousands that are not active on social media to know that this campaign is running. 

A campaign which has been running for what, 48hrs?

We have pinned this topic to raise awareness for those that can, not guilt trip others for not donating.

*Excluded the £5k anonymous donater that could be a business, player, ex player.

1 hour ago, David said:

Not sure what's going on this morning, one topic we have someone complaining where the 8k went from the Birmingham game, now £11k raised is disappointing as it's only from 335 people.

*335 fans donating on average £34 each is anything but disappointing, it should be applauded.

We have a sold out away end up at the Riverside which is a trek, throw in travel, food and drink costs those fans could be looking at upwards of £100 to go.

I myself spent £100+ last night for a home game, which is practically an away game, we're not all local.

Also, the large fanbase will be made up of thousands that are not active on social media to know that this campaign is running. 

We have pinned this topic to raise awareness for those that can, not guilt trip others for not donating.

*Excluded the £5k anonymous donater that could be a business, player, ex player.

David, I didn’t say I was completely demoralised I said a bit disappointed. 10,000 marched last week, 16,500 have signed a petition to save Derby County. My point was that you don’t have to give a lot, just what you can afford. If you can only afford £5 don’t feel that that won’t make a difference.

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

David, I didn’t say I was completely demoralised I said a bit disappointed. 10,000 marched last week, 16,500 have signed a petition to save Derby County. My point was that you don’t have to give a lot, just what you can afford. If you can only afford £5 don’t feel that that won’t make a difference.

Aware of what you said, but still feel that by saying you are a bit disappointed does feel like a bit of a guilt trip.

10,000 may have marched, the Police gave a figure of 9000, that's besides the point. In that march I saw plenty of kids and older fans that may not use social media, or are but haven't been on in the last 48hrs, you might have some that think yes I will on pay day which could be this Friday or the end of the month.

This isn't something that's been advertised in the newspapers, around the ground and online for months, it's a couple of days in and appears to be limited through social media sharing and word of mouth.

I'm sure you had good intentions, try and rally some support, just as I say, by saying you're disappointed, even a bit just feels like a guilt trip and that's not what fundraisers should be about.

13 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It's only been going for 2 days,  I dare say the numbers will grow as time passes.

2 hours ago, David said:

I think you’ve slightly twisted my words there, I certainly didn’t say the £11,000 raised was disappointing only the amount of people who had donated. Anyway I was certainly not trying to make anyone feel guilty and like you said just trying to raise the awareness, not looking to fall out with anyone on here, l will save that for Saturday 

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I think you’ve slightly twisted my words there, I certainly didn’t say the £11,000 raised was disappointing only the amount of people who had donated. Anyway I was certainly not trying to make anyone feel guilty and like you said just trying to raise the awareness, not looking to fall out with anyone on here, l will save that for Saturday 

Aware again that we're talking about the number that have donated, rather than the sum.

Just an opinion on how it reads and came across to myself that's all.

No intention of creating an argument. ??

I haven't donated because I've decided to buy my neighbours (lad and Dad) ticket last night and me and my sister are chipping in to buy my mums for the Peterborough game. 

I'm pretty sure most DCFC supporters are doing their bit in different ways.

If this initiative can add another 1000 bums on seats, then WOW what an amazing achievement. 

It's not really my place to say as I don't organise these things, but could there be a fundraiser for Derby shirts to go to families of supporters who want the kit?

Something great about seeing the next generation of derby fans out and about I  the kits. Maybe get their names on the back, similar to what we saw with the little lad tyrese recently.

22 minutes ago, KBB said:

It's not really my place to say as I don't organise these things, but could there be a fundraiser for Derby shirts to go to families of supporters who want the kit?

Something great about seeing the next generation of derby fans out and about I  the kits. Maybe get their names on the back, similar to what we saw with the little lad tyrese recently.

Not a bad idea, but I think ticket money raises more for the club rather than the 10% we get from shirt sales. 

3 hours ago, ossieram said:

It's only been going for 2 days,  I dare say the numbers will grow as time passes.

Not seen much of it on social media from the supporters trusts and other big followed accounts. Might make it grow quicker if these would push it more. Having said that  currently standing at £21000 including gift aid

David, with fans from all over the UK giving positive support for our club is their a way that some form of Go Fund Me can be set up for donations to save Derby can be donated from around the country, little late maybe a bucket collection at boro, you never know Gibson may put 45 million in, worth a try. lol

18 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

David, with fans from all over the UK giving positive support for our club is their a way that some form of Go Fund Me can be set up for donations to save Derby can be donated from around the country, little late maybe a bucket collection at boro, you never know Gibson may put 45 million in, worth a try. lol

It would be best to jump on this. The official fan groups in the SCG that have had meetings with Quantuma were looking into ways donations could go into the club, was decided the best way is through buying tickets.

Punjabi Rams (I believe) started to raise funds for tickets long before those meetings, £4000+, DCCT have taken over and all together over 20k.

Might only cover a few academy player wages, all helps though.