Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

10 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Actually, I wonder how many people get this meme. If you do, just like it or answer without identifying it so you don't ruin the fun.....go

I reacted with a laughing emoji, as I simply thought it funny.

Then, having read your follow up (above), I have to concede I have absolutely no idea what the meme is referring to, so in the true sense I don't "Get it".
Thought it best to point that out, in case anyone saw my initial reaction, and had some cockamamie idea that I may be intelligent, in some way!  ?

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Then, having read your follow up (above), I have to concede I have absolutely no idea what the meme is referring to, so in the true sense I don't "Get it".
Thought it best to point that out, in case anyone saw my initial reaction, and had some cockamamie idea that I may be intelligent, in some way!  ?

It's the barman in The Shining who would tell Jack Nicholson his children needed 'correcting' 

I think it was a euphemism for murdering. If you can ever use the word euphemism with infanticide that is. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think @Eatonram would have got it. 

23 hours ago, The Last Post said:

I'm 66 and a tough old sod, Had many painful experiences in life...nothing like I have with this, It started a few weeks back with a little pain in my lower back, Brushed it of as old age, Got up last Tuesday Morning and My right upper leg felt numb, Went to the Doctors as I'm on Statins and thought this may be a side effect, Told them and they made a Telephone appointment...got a call back that afternoon, Statins were fine as I've been on them for 4 months, Told the Doc my problem...pain lower back, Right buttock and thigh and occasionally tingling, Sounds as tho you could have Sciatica...take 2 Paracetamol every 6 hours, If still troubling after 5 days make Doctor appointment, Surgery closed until tomorrow, Now taking Ibuprofen...pain slightly easing. 

Missed the Cambridge game and todays game ☹️, Worst thing is getting dressed in the Morning, How painful is getting into your boxers ??

Thanx for the video...will have a look and give it a go ?

I have been suffering with back and hip pain and over Christmas I bought a TENS machine. Only £16 from Lloyds pharmacy, so I thought I’d try it. Oh the relief! I’d recommend anyone to try it, it’s not a lot to lose if it doesn’t give desired effect. 

37 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I have been suffering with back and hip pain and over Christmas I bought a TENS machine. Only £16 from Lloyds pharmacy, so I thought I’d try it. Oh the relief! I’d recommend anyone to try it, it’s not a lot to lose if it doesn’t give desired effect. 

Thanks Ewe Ram, Booked into the Docs Thursday, Pharmacy recommended Co-codamol alongside Ibuprofen for pain relief, Now doing leg lift exercises as recommended by...86 Hair Islands...thanks ?

Pain easing slightly and getting used to what where how and when I walk sleep and sit.

Thanks again to both for the above  ?

On 02/01/2023 at 10:43, The Last Post said:

I'm 66 and a tough old sod, Had many painful experiences in life...nothing like I have with this, It started a few weeks back with a little pain in my lower back, Brushed it of as old age, Got up last Tuesday Morning and My right upper leg felt numb, Went to the Doctors as I'm on Statins and thought this may be a side effect, Told them and they made a Telephone appointment...got a call back that afternoon, Statins were fine as I've been on them for 4 months, Told the Doc my problem...pain lower back, Right buttock and thigh and occasionally tingling, Sounds as tho you could have Sciatica...take 2 Paracetamol every 6 hours, If still troubling after 5 days make Doctor appointment, Surgery closed until tomorrow, Now taking Ibuprofen...pain slightly easing. 

Missed the Cambridge game and todays game ☹️, Worst thing is getting dressed in the Morning, How painful is getting into your boxers ??

Thanx for the video...will have a look and give it a go ?

I am also getting on a bit and suffer from the same problem in my back and left leg and its extreamly painfull, its probably your IS joint and the lower spine, somewhere you have a trapped nerve. I go to a Chriopractor and he straightens my legs, I know it sound odd, he also puts presssure on the left hand side of my lower spine and that provides relief. You can take all the tablets you want but they just mask the pain, the Chriopractor deals with the source and cause of the pain, it does cost but in my case I consider it money well spent, anything to get rid of the pain. I also use a Tense machine and that helps

I hope you find a good Chriopractor ?

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

14 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

That's cheating ? Top tip though. 

13 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Thanks Ewe Ram, Booked into the Docs Thursday, Pharmacy recommended Co-codamol alongside Ibuprofen for pain relief, Now doing leg lift exercises as recommended by...86 Hair Islands...thanks ?

Pain easing slightly and getting used to what where how and when I walk sleep and sit.

Thanks again to both for the above  ?

Glad to hear you're on the mend TLP.

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

People who stink of marijuana. I hate the smell of the stuff they smoke these days. I had to move seats on a bus the other day because the youth behind me stunk so much. 

Yeah. 

It's a smell that hangs in the air forever too. The other day I had the smell come in the van while I was driving. That was grim. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

People who stink of marijuana. I hate the smell of the stuff they smoke these days. I had to move seats on a bus the other day because the youth behind me stunk so much. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Yeah. 

It's a smell that hangs in the air forever too. The other day I had the smell come in the van while I was driving. That was grim. 

Skunk innit ?‍♂️

I like the smell in general, though probably not all strains are made equally. I file it alongside the smell of fresh hops.

It always bemuses me when behind a car that absolutely stinks of it though. Surely if a police car pulled up behind them at some lights it'd be game over?

Edited by Kokosnuss

54 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Surely if a police car pulled up behind them at some lights it'd be game over?

Like this guy in Derby reported last week?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/derby-cannabis-dealer-caught-after-8003447

Derby Crown Court heard how police community support officers came across the stash when they smashed their way into a Volkswagen Polo registered to Darley Abbey's Louis Machell.

They did so as a strong smell of the class B drug led them to have reason to believe they would find some.

?

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

I like the smell in general, though probably not all strains are made equally. I file it alongside the smell of fresh hops.

It always bemuses me when behind a car that absolutely stinks of it though. Surely if a police car pulled up behind them at some lights it'd be game over?

I think it's the fact that when Skunk first started to be used widely, I was living in London and it seemed to be everywhere. I just grew to hate it.

The huge amount The Government are paying for the ‘Go Left’ advertising, to guide drivers to go left if they have a breakdown on a motorway. It’s bloody common sense isn’t it? If any driver takes a conscious decision to stay to the right then just take their f****** licence off them for 10 years the stupid Bamfords. Rant over!

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

The huge amount The Government are paying for the ‘Go Left’ advertising, to guide drivers to go left if they have a breakdown on a motorway. It’s bloody common sense isn’t it? If any driver takes a conscious decision to stay to the right then just take their f****** licence off them for 10 years the stupid Bamfords. Rant over!

Or....

The way that we have become a country of hysterics, reacting to anything with fits of rage, panic or over the top melodrama. Everything is an extreme now, nobody will, or is allowed to, change their minds without being criticised. It's making life impossible. It's what has ruined politics - there is no compromise allowed.