Bobby Duncan

DCFC1388

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Is he still on our books? Not been mentioned or seen for a long time & if I recall he was on a decent wage for us to just let him do an Anya on us. 

I believe he was contracted to the summer of 2023, but haven’t seen or heard him mentioned for ages.

He’s on the U23’s web page but other thank that 

image.gif.b7869c9501e68c363ad0dcd0a4bc1dc3.gif

Edited by Ramarena

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

If I put the performance he did against Chorley I would have gone into hiding for a year as well

That’s a bit harsh on someone who was just 19 at the time in a difficult situation very short on match time.

Its worth remembering that he was no better and certainly no worse than Dylan Williams, Liam Thompson or Festy Ebosele on the day (granted Festy had been injured - but Bobbys lack of game time was probably equivalent!) and they all seem to have done ok since…..

In football opportunity is King. End of. 

5 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

That’s a bit harsh on someone who was just 19 at the time in a difficult situation very short on match time.

Its worth remembering that he was no better and certainly no worse than Dylan Williams, Liam Thompson or Festy Ebosele on the day (granted Festy had been injured - but Bobbys lack of game time was probably equivalent!) and they all seem to have done ok since…..

Any idea where Duncan is @Ravabeerbelly?

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

What's your point??

All those players mentioned have worked hard and earned the chance to play in the first team. This isn't Chelsea with 100s of young players with no chance of ever breaking through...surely you arent arguing the opportunity has not been there?

Presumably the coaching staff,  Liam and Wayne don't think he has proved he deserves the opportunity that definitely exists at this club... and if not here, in our situation, where??

Edited by Chester40

My point is if you get an opportunity take it. If you don’t get one it doesn’t matter what you do you are pissing in the wind. 

In Bobbys case he came in with a massive reputation having not played many games and at a time when Jack Stretton was on fire. 

No real fault of his own but he wasn’t given any real opportunity to stake a claim and it was a hard uphill battle for him that only got harder the longer he went without minutes.

Some players, at any level, at any club can do very little and be given many opportunities, others can do equally as little and be given few if any opportunities. Sometimes it can come down to personalities and likability as much as football talent. 

If you think politics doesn’t run through football clubs at all levels then that’s very naive. 

And btw that isn’t necessarily in relation to Bobbys situation just a general comment in relation to all players and all clubs.

4 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

My point is if you get an opportunity take it. If you don’t get one it doesn’t matter what you do you are pissing in the wind. 

In Bobbys case he came in with a massive reputation having not played many games and at a time when Jack Stretton was on fire. 

No real fault of his own but he wasn’t given any real opportunity to stake a claim and it was a hard uphill battle for him that only got harder the longer he went without minutes.

Some players, at any level, at any club can do very little and be given many opportunities, others can do equally as little and be given few if any opportunities. Sometimes it can come down to personalities and likability as much as football talent. 

If you think politics doesn’t run through football clubs at all levels then that’s very naive. 

And btw that isn’t necessarily in relation to Bobbys situation just a general comment in relation to all players and all clubs.

So not harsh then....

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

So not harsh then....

Opportunities are made through doing well in training. We don't get to see this so our assessment is based on the few games we see. There was a clamour from fans for Marriott to play based on some exciting finishing but the various managers really did not trust him. Similar now with Louis Sibley I think. Whatever politics is in play this is superceeded by the manager having to play the best team he can to stay in his job.