Mason Greenwood (trigger warning: violence, sexual assault, threats to kill)

Day

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

What a horrible Bamford he is. He can take his meal-mouthed apology and shove it up his harris. He should be charged for that and that poor cat should be removed from his ownership. 

On 30/01/2022 at 10:48, Tyler Durden said:

I dunno Roy I personally abhor all of this trial by social media, name and shame on Facebook crap.

If someone has done something wrong then absolutely they should be punished through our judicial system.

I'm on the fence tbh. However, I do think that a lot of people like him got away with this kind of behaviour because teams/friends closed ranks and stuff got shut down.

It was easy to do that 20+ years ago, now it isn't and people who maybe wouldn't have spoken out are forced to do so.

Whereas I think social has gone too far in many cases, it has also brought a lot of people to justice and stopped a lot of stuff from being swept under the carpet.

On 06/02/2022 at 12:43, uttoxram75 said:

With the Mendy deal done and Greenwood in the pipeline it looks like HMP Strangeways first XI had a better transfer window than Newcastle.

Adding a goalkeeper to their ranks soon, if rumours are correct.

• 8 months later...

Is he still contracted to Man Utd? 

His career is over in England. But I wonder whether he would be allowed to leave the UK and play elsewhere should he be found guilty.

Options could be limited but maybe some money to be made playing in the middle east or something.

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Is he still contracted to Man Utd? 

His career is over in England. But I wonder whether he would be allowed to leave the UK and play elsewhere should he be found guilty.

Options could be limited but maybe some money to be made playing in the middle east or something.

If found guilty might be a good few years before he plays for anyone apart from Wormwood Scrubs Rovers 

Greenwood has been remanded in custody today. The court are obviously of the opinion that there's enough evidence to convict him as they'd simply take his passport if they thought he might be a flight risk. 

If he is convicted, he'll need to get himself on the numbers pretty sharpish. As with all high-profile sex offenders, there'll be plenty of inmates happy to make their bones on his and they won't be 5 5" and 100 lbs wringing wet.

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who made the choice not to keep playing him?

In all seriousness, his victim did when she chose to publish the recording. I'm all for due process and the idea of innocent until proven guilty, but we've all heard the evidence against Greenwood, and whilst it may not result in a criminal conviction it left Man U with no option other than to suspend him.

9 minutes ago, Anon said:

In all seriousness, his victim did when she chose to publish the recording. I'm all for due process and the idea of innocent until proven guilty, but we've all heard the evidence against Greenwood, and whilst it may not result in a criminal conviction it left Man U with no option other than to suspend him.

So it was Man Utd then.

I don't know how long the judicial system takes to deal with these cases but I don't suppose it's any different for Greenwood?

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So it was Man Utd then.

I don't know how long the judicial system takes to deal with these cases but I don't suppose it's any different for Greenwood?

Looking back to the Ched Evans case his indictment and conviction were roughly 12 months apart.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Didn’t he eventually win his appeal as well ?

Yes, but I'm not implying there any any similarities between him and Greenwood beyond them both being professional footballers who have to wait roughly the same amount of time between charge and trial.

Also, it seems as though Greenwood's case has actually been fast tracked. There is a huge backlog in our courts at the moment.

I'm interested to see if there is more evidence. Based on what I've seen/heard so far, the guy is clearly a scumbag of the highest degree. There was already question marks over his character before this came out, this is just the giant cherry on the cake. I doubt there are many people who would want to be in the dressing room with him. 

Not sure what the future holds for him, honestly. I hope United can get some of their money back they've spent having to pay his wages since this came out. I doubt we will see him play in this country again.